96 GT Ford Racing / SVO project

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Last night I picked up a used Ford Racing (SVO) supercharger, it was cheap but is going to need cleaned up a bit. It came with 30# injectors that will likely need cleaned, brand new walboro 255lph fuel pump, 6# pulley, intake gaskets, and a few gauges. The bearings were just replaced according to the seller and it seemed to spin smooth by hand.

I still need to purchase:
-Lightning MAF sensor
-alternator relocation bracket (if anyone can help with this I'm struggling to find one)
-better air/fuel gauge
-FMU

I'm not expecting or aiming for huge power (hence why I'm leaning towards going FMU) but it should make the car more fun to drive. I hope it pairs well with my comp xe262ah cams and bbk h pipe.

I don't expect to get this installed quickly but I'll keep the thread updated when things happen. I'm open to advice and criticism!

dd7e9023d5bd942980c8df66750b6b72.jpg

9467844f85f58898d57de19b1f31de3d.jpg

b5e4d402b71e146da44d8122291a499e.jpg

Engine bay as it sits now

f29f7015391dfd9a79c93343a36e8e05.jpg

And one of the car

befa0b2f716ba30fdd0986c63b22f7d6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PinkieT

Reaction score
I think I saw that on line! I wanted it but didn't have the cash. :( Just glad it went to a good home.:)

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
that bama tune will get anyone jealous

Haha that reminds me I need to remove that plate! I can honestly say I learned my lesson there. Somehow the tuner managed to un-pair with my car and is useless now anyway.

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I think I saw that on line! I wanted it but didn't have the cash. :( Just glad it went to a good home.:)

I picked it up from a guy south of Ashtabula so if you browse online I bet you ran across it. I was happy to finally find something semi-close

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
its supposed to be lifetime tunes. The dudes name is on the plate right?

I bought it new with the lifetime tunes but I'm hesitant to say that the tunes worked well, seemed to get some pinging In higher RPMs when loaded on the car (and CEL). My name is on the plate, probably could get the thing working with a phone call but I don't know if it's worth it.

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Since the previous owner must have spray painted this thing in a sand box I started cleaning it up a little. Anyone have any suggestions for quicker paint removal than a wire wheel?

0159f3c706b1037f428d3dca9b93a6a4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Could dremel wire wheel it to a brite shine then clear coat it!

I was thinking about getting some new dremel wheels since the drill ones don't hit half of the surface area. I'd love to get it to a bright shine but that may take years!!

Silver95bird

Reaction score
I have the roush version of of the same supercharger. I can tell you basically as much as is known about these.

1. You will not get a bracket. The install kits went out of production at least 15years ago. You end up putting the alt's pass side leg on the drivers side bolt , and turn it counter clockwise, and run bolts/spacers on the drivers side coil bracket. You will likely have to grind the bracket later for belt clearance.

2. Ditch the 30lb injectors for 36s or the skinny 42s from a lightning. Don't go FMU.

3. Get on tccoa .com and see if robertP is still tuning cars. I assume so but haven't been over there in awhile. I also have a good post over there on the known history of these.

4. 262ah's are great blower cams. You'll be fine. Which answers my question as to if you had the PI head version or not, lol.

5. Looks like someone drilled and tapped the top for the IAT. Use that location, not the stock airbox location.

What else you want to know?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would start with a chemical removal myself before going to wire wheel. If you look at your local wally world in the paint section there is a product called citristrip that is a citrus based stripper. It is not super caustic or fast working, but you can use it in your house and not cause problems. put on a good thick coat, wait a couple of hours and do a 2nd coat and then leave it over night. In the morning you will probably be able to hose the majority of the crap off and the rest will almost fall off with the wire wheel.

AStangThang

Reaction score
There was a guy in Detroit had a brand new set in the box of SVO heads. He wanted like 1200 or so. He was on Craigslist. I would have bought them but I just bought a bunch of stuff right before I found them. You could put the alt. Where the AC is if you run into trouble, but then the AC is gone, and you will have to get the kit to put it there or make your own.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I have the roush version of of the same supercharger. I can tell you basically as much as is known about these.

1. You will not get a bracket. The install kits went out of production at least 15years ago. You end up putting the alt's pass side leg on the drivers side bolt , and turn it counter clockwise, and run bolts/spacers on the drivers side coil bracket. You will likely have to grind the bracket later for belt clearance.

2. Ditch the 30lb injectors for 36s or the skinny 42s from a lightning. Don't go FMU.

3. Get on tccoa .com and see if robertP is still tuning cars. I assume so but haven't been over there in awhile. I also have a good post over there on the known history of these.

4. 262ah's are great blower cams. You'll be fine. Which answers my question as to if you had the PI head version or not, lol.

5. Looks like someone drilled and tapped the top for the IAT. Use that location, not the stock airbox location.

What else you want to know?

I appreciate the link you posted and the experienced based advice. I was hoping someone on here had some knowledge about these, you're the guy I'm gonna need!

I'll take more time to gather the supporting parts and get it tuned properly if you're experience says that it's worth it.

There's a post below mentioning relocating the alternator to the AC location, this thought crossed my mind but I'm not sure I'm wanting to give up AC yet. What size belt did you get with the alternator relocated closer to the drivers side?

Thanks!

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I would start with a chemical removal myself before going to wire wheel. If you look at your local wally world in the paint section there is a product called citristrip that is a citrus based stripper. It is not super caustic or fast working, but you can use it in your house and not cause problems. put on a good thick coat, wait a couple of hours and do a 2nd coat and then leave it over night. In the morning you will probably be able to hose the majority of the crap off and the rest will almost fall off with the wire wheel.

I've used the citristrip before, it's slow but it works. I have some chemical based stuff I'll spray on to use up and give the citrus type a try if I run out.

I am hoping the stripper doesn't oxidize the aluminum too much

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
There was a guy in Detroit had a brand new set in the box of SVO heads. He wanted like 1200 or so. He was on Craigslist. I would have bought them but I just bought a bunch of stuff right before I found them. You could put the alt. Where the AC is if you run into trouble, but then the AC is gone, and you will have to get the kit to put it there or make your own.

I was thinking about the alternator in the AC spot, just have to make up my mind if I want to give up cool air. I think @96blak54 made some brackets a while back that looked pretty stout

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online