97stangers Official Build Thread

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
that, i have not thought of. do you have links to either of those mike? I haven't heard of either of those. do you think it would be easier just to go to a blow thru setup?

NERD

Reaction score
There are several manufactures that put their name on the BA3000 but they are all made by the same company and are all the same so the ease of tuning of MAF functions are standard. If your tuner is a pro, it shouldn't be a problem but a lot of novice tuners haven't used the 05+ maf's. They are virtually un-peg-able.
http://www.vmptuning.com/store/index.php?p=product&id=180&parent=29

The BA3000 is more than enough maf for 800+hp and it can be used in a draw or a blow through setup.
Here's the cheapest new one I just found. (Cheaper than what I even paid, lol)
http://www.atomicperformance.com/sctbigair3000cfmmassairflowmeterba3000.aspx

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Mike thats awesome. Thanks a lot for the link bro. I'm definately going to go with the BA3000 from atomicperformance.com So, it looks like I should sell my 90mm LMAF too than. I will be selling the following asap:

FRPP 42# injectors - getting Siemen 60#
90mm LMAF - getting the BA3000
Sell my bone stock NON PI heads - already have PI heads
Sell PI cams - getting new blower cams
Sell other set of PI cams - """"
Sell Crower stage 2 NON PI blower cams (brand new in box) - stepping up to a custom grind MPH PI blower cam
Sell PI intake manifold adaptor plates from Livernois - I'll be going from PI heads to PI manifold

How we look?

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
haha as soon as I sell this stuff I can get some serious parts rolling in! I will post up everything for sale officially on Thursday, which is when I will be going home to take some pics. If anybody sees they are interested in let me know!

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Came up with a list of what is getting done to the motor. Here is a pretty solid list of everything:

CMS stage 2.5 blower cams
MMR stage 3 port/polish
SI trim upgrade
Forged rotating assembly with ARP head studs
Comp adjustable cam gears
MMR main bolt kit
SCT Big Air 3000 MAF
Siemen 60# injectors
AFM external pump kit
KB 40amp boost a pump
Aeromotive fuel rails and SS lines
New water pump
gaskets

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
the second I can sell my crower blower cams, I am buying my CMS cams. And the second I get them, I can send the cams, valvesprings(already have), and stock PI heads (already have), to MMR to be ported/polished and fully assembled. So I am kind of stuck right now until I can sell my crower cams. I am sending my blower out to be upgraded next friday though! :)

strokin94

Reaction score
why not just go with a 5.0L stroker rotating assembly while you have it apart?

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Update. Selling my crower blower cams tomorrow. Hopefully ordering my CMS 2.5 blower cams within the next few days. After that next will be MMR stage 3 port/polish job on my PI heads and Edelbrock intake manifold with upper plenum/fuel rails. Should be getting this all done within the next week or two.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Update: bought Edelbrock Victor Jr. EFI manifold along with matching Edelbrock high flow fuel rails. Buying on Friday CMS stage 2.5 or 3 blower cams. Next will be the forged rotating assembly. Hoping to get the assembly within the month. Starting to get prices around. I'm going to get my block cleaned and probably need a .020 bore as well

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
after talking with Jim for a while, today I ordered my CMS stage 3 blower cams. Next in line will be the MMR Mod 900 rotating assembly! woop woop

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online