About to throw this TB/plenum setup in the trash

Scud2

Reaction score
How olds the iac, and is your maf clean?
I had idle problems and a new iac solved that. As soon as I would come to a red light and stop the car would chug and stutte every once and a while...

2001 Mustang GT
Vortech V3 Supercharged
402 HP 389 Torque

OP
OP
96Mystic1189

96Mystic1189

Reaction score
The MAF was just cleaned. The IAC is original however I just dont understand why when the stock tune is loaded up, everything is fine.

Scud2

Reaction score
The MAF was just cleaned. The IAC is original however I just dont understand why when the stock tune is loaded up, everything is fine.
Custom dyno tune would be your best bet. Do as many bolt ons as you can before you go and all will work perfect after you leave!

2001 Mustang GT
Vortech V3 Supercharged
402 HP 389 Torque

Nighttrain

Reaction score
Custom dyno tune would be your best bet. Do as many bolt ons as you can before you go and all will work perfect after you leave!

2001 Mustang GT
Vortech V3 Supercharged
402 HP 389 Torque

This is always the best bet, but going back to the iac. It may function properly with the stock tune but not do what the perf tune wants it to do. Id swap it and see what happens.
Have you unplugged the maf with the tune in to see if it changes anything? Sometimes stuff just goes bad.

OP
OP
96Mystic1189

96Mystic1189

Reaction score

2001 Mustang GT
Vortech V3 Supercharged
402 HP 389 Torque
No doubt getting a dyno tune after I do my cam install. Just buying time until then.

OP
OP
96Mystic1189

96Mystic1189

Reaction score
Ok update, I installed the new IAC and it sure does great on the stock tune.

Uploaded the BAMA tune and what do you know? Same garbage.

Then I uploaded a modified version of BAMAs tune that they sent me saying they modified the RPM decay rate. This was slightly better but still bad.

So on anything other than the stock tune, the car sucks. Who wants to ride around with rpms that stick between gears and a 1400rpm idle until stopped? I wish I knew whether to blame the car or tuner.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
when I got the original tune from bama it was so bad your eyes would water at idle, ran rough and stumbled a lot. I didn't even try to give them a 2nd chance just admited I was wrong and was happy it made it to the local dyno, 50 mins away....

lutter94

Reaction score
when I got the original tune from bama it was so bad your eyes would water at idle, ran rough and stumbled a lot. I didn't even try to give them a 2nd chance just admited I was wrong and was happy it made it to the local dyno, 50 mins away....

50 minutes away? Are you saying that like its a long or short distance? The nearest walmart is 63 miles away from my house, if thats any consolation

OP
OP
96Mystic1189

96Mystic1189

Reaction score
Ok so I dont care if I have to run the stock tune, however I have tried 2 sets of MIL eliminators for the O2 sensors and they do not work. What do I have to do to keep this check engine light off for the cats?

Nighttrain

Reaction score
Weld in bungs and hook them back up? Might still throw a code because the sensor wont see any difference. Thats a might though

07GtS197

Reaction score
Mil eliminators usually dont work and when they do they will fail not too long after installing them. I have a set on my 02 gt and so far they work but sometimes they will throw random o2 sensor codes. Since youre tuned why not ask for a tune with the rear o2's turned off.

OP
OP
96Mystic1189

96Mystic1189

Reaction score
Mil eliminators usually dont work and when they do they will fail not too long after installing them. I have a set on my 02 gt and so far they work but sometimes they will throw random o2 sensor codes. Since youre tuned why not ask for a tune with the rear o2's turned off.

They are turned off when the tune is uploaded but since my car wont function on any tune, im just putting the stock tune back in.

07GtS197

Reaction score
They are turned off when the tune is uploaded but since my car wont function on any tune, im just putting the stock tune back in.

Righhhtttttttt. Lol hmm you might be able to just get the o2 sensors turned off in the tune. You could try an iac resistor plate and base idle relearn. I did that when I installed my c&l plenum and 75mm tb and it seemed to have helped. There is an active thread about the hanging idle issue on moddedmustangs where the op surmized the reason for the hanging idle is for emissions. Let me link it so you can look it over. Guess who I am lol.

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/#/forumsite/20800/topics/610426?page=1

OP
OP
96Mystic1189

96Mystic1189

Reaction score
Righhhtttttttt. Lol hmm you might be able to just get the o2 sensors turned off in the tune. You could try an iac resistor plate and base idle relearn. I did that when I installed my c&l plenum and 75mm tb and it seemed to have helped. There is an active thread about the hanging idle issue on moddedmustangs where the op surmized the reason for the hanging idle is for emissions. Let me link it so you can look it over. Guess who I am lol.

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/#/forumsite/20800/topics/610426?page=1

When you did your base idle relearn, did you do it the way I did it where you use a .010 feeler gauge and then a full turn and lock it? Or did you unplug the IAC and turn the idle down with the set screw and do it that way? The link wouldn't work for some reason.

07GtS197

Reaction score
All I did was unplug the battery and it pretty much fixed it. I will probably have to do as you say and do the full idle relearn. I guess I meant to say clear the kam. I would use the method you described last where you tune the idle to a certain rpm. With an aftermarket throttle body there could be inconsistencies with construction that will make using a feeler gauge pretty much useless. Here is the link again, hopefully it works this time.

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forum...ol-restrictor-plate-egr-restrictor-plate.html

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online