Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
E0E389BB-E904-4F30-B9F0-667B79BBA4B7_zpsqyx1vxt1.jpg

Gratuitous engine bay picture

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
Have you cleaned out the IAC?

I put a70mm SR TB/Plenum combo on my GT a few years ago and had bad hanging idle. I made a restrictor plate and it didn't work very well. I cleaned the IAC with MAF cleaner and it fixed the problem.

Worth at shot...

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
What is the right fix? If you dont fool the sensor, can you set it differently with a computer?

Clean all the sensors, replace as necessary, ensure there are zero vacuum leaks, reset the idle by disconnecting the battery for 30 mins, then starting the car and letting it sort itself out.

The car wants to run correctly. All of those things help it.

The restrictor plate covers up where one of those things is failing. I made a restrictor plate too, but I am not fooling myself, the hanging idle problem is from a huge vac leak between my lower intake and the block.

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
Def. missed the amazing 2.73 gas mileage for the first trip or two to Tally, then swapped rear ends and that went out the window.

OP
OP
96Mystic1189

96Mystic1189

Reaction score
2500 in 5th. its fun no doubt about it i just need more gear. more gear and some better gas mileage for the moment are my only issues with 410s. no joke 65mph vs 70mph is about 150rpm difference. 80mph is about 3k. ive gone over 100mph (maybe 110?) and it was under 4500rpm
What ya need more gear for lol?

OP
OP
96Mystic1189

96Mystic1189

Reaction score
Also this settup does not fit under my factory strut tower bar, i had to push down as hard as I could to get the bolts to line up. It buckled the rubber coupling between the throttle body and the JLT intake but I guess that will have to do. I need it because the car is a convertible. Do any of the aftermarket ones offer more clearance?

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
I wonder how much a stb would improve my convertible.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Nighttrain

Reaction score
Also this settup does not fit under my factory strut tower bar, i had to push down as hard as I could to get the bolts to line up. It buckled the rubber coupling between the throttle body and the JLT intake but I guess that will have to do. I need it because the car is a convertible. Do any of the aftermarket ones offer more clearance?

Custom fab one around the tb

Nighttrain

Reaction score
Clean all the sensors, replace as necessary, ensure there are zero vacuum leaks, reset the idle by disconnecting the battery for 30 mins, then starting the car and letting it sort itself out.

The car wants to run correctly. All of those things help it.

The restrictor plate covers up where one of those things is failing. I made a restrictor plate too, but I am not fooling myself, the hanging idle problem is from a huge vac leak between my lower intake and the block.

Gotcha....didnt think of a vacuum leak dohh

OP
OP
96Mystic1189

96Mystic1189

Reaction score
Hey guys question, If the plenum bolts lined up through the plenum gasket, that means it has to be on correctly right? Isn't there a tab that would hold it up if it wasn't sitting just right? The C&L plenum does not fit the curves of the gasket perfectly making it look out of place but I think its just the casting of the plenum.

OP
OP
96Mystic1189

96Mystic1189

Reaction score
Ok I thought this was fixed but it still kind of sucks. Its a lot better than it was but still hangs for a long time when the clutch is pressed. It seems to be worse once the car has heated up, but that could be in my head. Who knows, so I guess ill keep my windows up so people wont see me while I burn my clutch up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online