Abs light and humming

9838stang

Reaction score
Well peeps, spoke to soon :angry:

Lastnight I attempted to go out and get some cool night shots but the car had other plans. I started out for an hour looking for a spot but nothing looked good. So I went home while taking off from a light and a smooth pace. I saw my abs light came on. I pulled over to check the rear abs sensors since they don't sit completely flush against he mounting surface of the rear axle. But they wasn't any play. I had the car off and heard a humming sound and figured it was something with the ac so I kept going home to further check it out. I get home. And I pop the hood. It sounds like the ac compressor was still letting off pressure but it sat for 5 minutes and was still the same sound. I went into the car and heard the same hum. So I touched the abs module and it was hot! I don't remember doing any heavy braking at all.

I disconnected the battery of course the hum went away. Reconnected battery hum came back. Undid the plug to abs module, hum went away plugged it back in hum came back. Pulled fuse 29 under dash, hum still was there.

Dunno what to check else sounds like a bad abs module

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Well peeps, spoke to soon :angry:

Lastnight I attempted to go out and get some cool night shots but the car had other plans. I started out for an hour looking for a spot but nothing looked good. So I went home while taking off from a light and a smooth pace. I saw my abs light came on. I pulled over to check the rear abs sensors since they don't sit completely flush against he mounting surface of the rear axle. But they wasn't any play. I had the car off and heard a humming sound and figured it was something with the ac so I kept going home to further check it out. I get home. And I pop the hood. It sounds like the ac compressor was still letting off pressure but it sat for 5 minutes and was still the same sound. I went into the car and heard the same hum. So I touched the abs module and it was hot! I don't remember doing any heavy braking at all.

I disconnected the battery of course the hum went away. Reconnected battery hum came back. Undid the plug to abs module, hum went away plugged it back in hum came back. Pulled fuse 29 under dash, hum still was there.

Dunno what to check else sounds like a bad abs module

How does the module operate? Is it set up to come on with certain voltage or pressure or what? If its voltage operated you could check the voltage at the plug with a multimeter, or check the plug for a short to ground. You did just do a lot of wiring and it could have chaffed a wire making the pump run all the time.

I put the same post in you build thread

OP
OP
9838stang

9838stang

Reaction score
How does the module operate? Is it set up to come on with certain voltage or pressure or what? If its voltage operated you could check the voltage at the plug with a multimeter, or check the plug for a short to ground. You did just do a lot of wiring and it could have chaffed a wire making the pump run all the time.

To be honest with you I'm not sure. I would like to think that the system is a voltage operated just because there is two leads running to eat wheel and have a magnet attached to it that senses when the ABS ring is going around. But at the same time I know that I have hydroboost now so I don't know if there is no pressure or what I guess I gotta figure that out

OP
OP
9838stang

9838stang

Reaction score

To be honest with you I'm not sure. I would like to think that the system is a voltage operated just because there is two leads running to eat wheel and have a magnet attached to it that senses when the ABS ring is going around. But at the same time I know that I have hydroboost now so I don't know if there is no pressure or what I guess I gotta figure that out

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
HID's could have caused it to freak out. Not an uncommon issue for our cars

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
?What?

I dont understand how this makes sense at all?

The ABS Gods just hate HIDS. That's what we have come to terms with in the Mustang community. So we just leave it at that lol

I dont have those anymore. Gave those up 2 years ago

I thought so but I could have sworn I read something in the OP about a ballast or whatever lol. My bad dude :)

OP
OP
9838stang

9838stang

Reaction score
The ABS Gods just hate HIDS. That's what we have come to terms with in the Mustang community. So we just leave it at that lol

I thought so but I could have sworn I read something in the OP about a ballast or whatever lol. My bad dude :)

It is all good brosif lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online