Anyone tried Meguiars Gold Class?

Kiljosh

Reaction score
My parents got me a can of Meguiars Gold Class wax and some of their ColorX for Xmas. I took my car down to the clear with dish soap, clay barred the whole thing, and then used the Color X. Put a little elbow grease behind it and finished off with 2 coats of Gold class. The shine coming off of it was way better than what I expected. Just a little heads up to anyone looking for a good wax.

[attachment deleted by admin] SORRY RAN OUT OF ROOM, RE-UPLOAD IF YOU WISH!

wytstang

Reaction score
Keep us up dated on it's durabilty I've read it doesn't last to long (month maybe). Does look good and you can't beat free.....

StealthCobra

Reaction score
Yeah, Gold Class and NXT are really good for an over the counter wax.
Used them on about 15+ cars and they all turned out great.

RIO5.0

Reaction score
Mines Red and Gold class is what I use to....I like to have it buffed once a year, then Gold class in between...

driftrs_front_dish.jpg

matthiasj50

Reaction score
Color X is a good over the couter product. A good chemical paint polish. Clay-bar was also a good choice, but dish washing soap was NOT. Dish washing soap is harmful to your paint, and yes it strips all wax, but claybar does also, no need for the dish soap. And Gold Class is a cleaner wax, wish means it slightly removes old waxes under it, so more than one coat would be a waste. A good "topper" or something to put on top of Gold Class would be NXT, or Meg's #26. Both have little to no cleaning agents, and will not strip old layers of wax. Color X, Gold Class, then NXT would be a good combo.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online