are LT's possible????

OP
OP

93PGT

Reaction score
what holds the p/s rack. i took out the two long bolts and it doesnt really move at all

reivaxtorres

Reaction score
93PGT said:
what holds the p/s rack. i took out the two long bolts and it doesnt really move at all

that would be either the steering shaft or the power steering lines. you should be able to manipulate either one without having to unbolt it

Red 97

Reaction score
Dont know anything bout the LTs yet, But Ive got them on the way and this might make the install a bit easier :)

As far as the CAM tool you dont need it. I just did this swap 2 weeks ago and all you need is 2 medium size C clamps. All you do when you get the valve covers off is rotate the motor(make sure its in neutral) to Top Dead Center Then put it back in gear so you will be able to break the cam bolt loose, clamp the timing gear on each side against the head and timing cover. this alows the gear to move front and back but not up and down, keeping the chain tight. On the passenger gear it has holes in it so I used some small zip ties throuh the holes and around the chain just in case. the driver side dosnt have the holes so just use the C clamps the same way and make a mark on the chain and gear just in case. The driver side was a bit easier for me just because of the keyway posistion. When its done rotate the motor useing a torque bar to make sure it all moves freely.Just use this method and do some research and you should be fine. Oh and have someone around to lend a hand.

OP
OP

93PGT

Reaction score
ok, well i have the engine supported, and the k member supported. i took out the smaller 4 bolts from the bottom ( 2 per side) and it look like i need an 18mm to get the top ones out. i go to work at 5 so i guess i just buy another socket on the way there. and hopefully i can get the K dropped by tonight. headers done by noon and killing imports by 9. :hammer: i am not sure y but the local tuner owners seem to be scared. i guess they havent done there research. well, as long as my car can blend in with the fast mustangs, until mine is fast, i'll be happy. theres a h/c/i fox body 5 speed w/ 4:10's around. i am glad he is on my side. or the pro-charged 05 mustang

S

scarface

never floor it around anyone and let them think you are fast...Thats what I do. They see Cobra on the side, and I NEVER get on it around anyone.... My car is one of the fastest in my area according to the Ricers.

WarHorse

Reaction score
are all LT's this much of a hassle to install, what is the difference really between the LT's and the Mid Lengths? is it really worth that much more, the hundred or more extra bucks and the amount of time it takes to get them in there.

OP
OP

93PGT

Reaction score
all 8 bolts are out from the k member. and the 2 are out from the p/s rack. it did not drop. i will mess with it. am i mssing something?

OP
OP

93PGT

Reaction score
the sway bar links are holding the whole thing, i think

OP
OP

93PGT

Reaction score
after riding in a 02 GT and a procharged GT500 in the same night. i have a new found modavation. but anyway. i un did the sway bar links and nothing. i can hammer the K to move slight in any direction except down lol. any ideas? its almost 4 am i gotta call it a night.

reivaxtorres

Reaction score
never having done this before, i would say make sure the k member isnt stuck on the motor mounts

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
make sure that you undid the steering shaft t, and slide the rack of the k member towards the front.

OP
OP

93PGT

Reaction score
yeah, i never touched the steering shaft. i'll go mess with that now. :TY:

badass98svt

Reaction score
Crawl under the dash of the car and look at the sterring shaft. You'll see 1 bolt that screws in the side of the shaft.
Unscrew it, then the rack will move forward for you.

OP
OP

93PGT

Reaction score
ok, the steering shaft is disconnected and the steering rack is foward. i guess i'll pry on it

OP
OP

93PGT

Reaction score
the suspension was keeping tension on the K. i drop one strut and it came down. does the steering shaft go through the headers?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online