are LT's possible????

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
i didn't undo any suspension or take out any fender well things. so ur kinda on ur own their lol

OP
OP

93PGT

Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
93PGT said:
yeah i had to drop the K member. is that what you did justin?? and could you tell me your setup that got you to run a 14 flat. it would help alot. thanks

and i did put the header in through the fenderwell, but the k member was lowered down so. i am not sure yet. i havnt gotten to the rear 2 bolts yet on the LTs so i am not sure. I have MAC and they do seem to tuck up pretty high. i hope ground cleareance wont be an issue

I didnt do them lol...

I had mac long tubes, 3.73s, 75 mm tb, plenum, pi intake, o/r H, and a tune basically.

I would say with 4.10s, pi intake, long tubes, o/r h, tuned you could go high 13s.

really? well i have the MAC LT's and 4:10's on now and soon trying to buy an H-pipe and PI intake. I also have PI cams in the mail. so do you honestly think i could break into the 13's with that.(the car is an auto) isthe 75mm TB and plenum worth the money? and by tune, do you mean like a x-cal2 kinda tune?

Reaction score
93PGT said:
justinschmidt1 said:
93PGT said:
yeah i had to drop the K member. is that what you did justin?? and could you tell me your setup that got you to run a 14 flat. it would help alot. thanks

and i did put the header in through the fenderwell, but the k member was lowered down so. i am not sure yet. i havnt gotten to the rear 2 bolts yet on the LTs so i am not sure. I have MAC and they do seem to tuck up pretty high. i hope ground cleareance wont be an issue

I didnt do them lol...

I had mac long tubes, 3.73s, 75 mm tb, plenum, pi intake, o/r H, and a tune basically.

I would say with 4.10s, pi intake, long tubes, o/r h, tuned you could go high 13s.

really? well i have the MAC LT's and 4:10's on now and soon trying to buy an H-pipe and PI intake. I also have PI cams in the mail. so do you honestly think i could break into the 13's with that.(the car is an auto) isthe 75mm TB and plenum worth the money? and by tune, do you mean like a x-cal2 kinda tune?
yes you can... im knockin on 13's with alot less in my car(look in sig)

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
i rented a lift.. put car on lift. remove front wheels. disconnect tie rods, end links, remove calipers but tie wire them up. remove the sway bar if you feel froggy. remove rack and tie wire to radiator support bracing..... place a support bar/pipe with brace behind crank on the forward lip of oil pan/engine block. plenty of support. with a standing tranny jack support k-member. make sure its square under the member. loosen bolts to motor mounts and 8 bolts to kmember. (make sure engine is support with stand.) disconnect steering knuckle and grounding straps. lower it slowly and remove stock deals and install long tubes. if this doesnt work or i missed something, someone else please chime in but ive done it about 3-4 times in a couple weeks and planning to do it again for k-member and tubular a-arms. its about 3-4 hour deal if you know where everything goes. please label your bolts. might need an alignment afterwards.

OP
OP

93PGT

Reaction score
finally coming to an end. i am putting up the k member now.

OP
OP

93PGT

Reaction score
ok, the K member is up. the steering rack is up. the struts are up. and the sway bar is up. all i have left is the steering shaft to be connected to the rack. then hook up the brakelines and bleed them. then wheels and then double check everything. then drive around, raise hell. then go to work. almost done :boink:

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
a sense of accomplishment will subdue you. :boink: make sure those header bolts are nice and tight. :banana:

S

scarface

since you reused stock bolt, you better re tighten them in a few days.

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
how will loc tight help? The only way to loosen red and white loc tight is by heating it up. Don't you think the headers get hot enough to cause that to no help? Loc tight would be a waste of money. Really need stage 8 locking headers bolts.

OP
OP

93PGT

Reaction score
ok, I am done. and after running around with open long tubes, i relized that i need to find a midpipe quickly. i the i could shorten my old X-pipe to line up with the headers. but i dont know what to do about the flanges to the headers. any ideas?

S

scarface

just get a midpipe..dont go through all the trouble then rig up something that probably wont work anyway.

why didnt you get a mid pipe before you started this swap???????

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
93PGT said:
ok, I am done. and after running around with open long tubes, i relized that i need to find a midpipe quickly. i the i could shorten my old X-pipe to line up with the headers. but i dont know what to do about the flanges to the headers. any ideas?

Cut them off and have them welded back on. Although I have to agree with Dave on this one, lol.

OP
OP

93PGT

Reaction score
:hammer: well, i was really excited to get the long tubes to my house and did not think ahead.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online