Bending brake lines

Discussion in 'Suspension and Brakes' started by lsmustangx, Dec 28, 2014.

1. lsmustangx

lsmustangx New Member

Im skipping leg day at the gym so to make up for it im going with a Manual brake set up, i already ripped out all my old brake lines cause from the get go on this build I knew I wanted to do everything new and learn to do everything my self.
    just kinda curious if anyone here has done this before and if they have any hints tips or tricks?

2. Addermk2

Addermk2 Well-Known Member

be patient, and measure... alot.

I deleted my ABS unit and re-ran all of my front brake line. I also have done full brake line re-runs on many chevy and dodge trucks.

I use a cheap tubing bender that I grabbed from HF. As for a flaring tool, quality counts. I have a full double flare kit from Cornwell tools.

3. lsmustangx

lsmustangx New Member

I have a manual tube bender but will have to go get a flare tool... is there any other tools? and i have a 1997 GT but using a 94 8.8, that going to make it harder?

4. Addermk2

Addermk2 Well-Known Member

you are only going to run a single line to the rear block where the rubber hose runs to the axle. So no, your axle selection is irrelevant (especially since the 94-98 axle is the same)

5. lsmustangx

lsmustangx New Member

I think i should be good then? I still need to order front calipers then ill be ready....

6. ttocs

ttocs Legend

I did it for the first time the last year doing a line lock. There are a lot of vids online to show you how. You can rent/borrom the flaring tool an dthe bender at vatozone.

7. JKady

JKady Active Member

Buy extra line, and don't be surprised if you end up wasting some, making a flare that holds pressure takes a little practice.