Bending brake lines

lsmustangx

Reaction score
Im skipping leg day at the gym so to make up for it im going with a Manual brake set up, i already ripped out all my old brake lines cause from the get go on this build I knew I wanted to do everything new and learn to do everything my self.
just kinda curious if anyone here has done this before and if they have any hints tips or tricks?

Addermk2

Reaction score
be patient, and measure... alot.

I deleted my ABS unit and re-ran all of my front brake line. I also have done full brake line re-runs on many chevy and dodge trucks.

I use a cheap tubing bender that I grabbed from HF. As for a flaring tool, quality counts. I have a full double flare kit from Cornwell tools.

OP
OP
lsmustangx

lsmustangx

Reaction score
I have a manual tube bender but will have to go get a flare tool... is there any other tools? and i have a 1997 GT but using a 94 8.8, that going to make it harder?

Addermk2

Reaction score
I have a manual tube bender but will have to go get a flare tool... is there any other tools? and i have a 1997 GT but using a 94 8.8, that going to make it harder?

you are only going to run a single line to the rear block where the rubber hose runs to the axle. So no, your axle selection is irrelevant (especially since the 94-98 axle is the same)

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I did it for the first time the last year doing a line lock. There are a lot of vids online to show you how. You can rent/borrom the flaring tool an dthe bender at vatozone.

JKady

Reaction score
Buy extra line, and don't be surprised if you end up wasting some, making a flare that holds pressure takes a little practice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online