best long tube fitmen . bbk or mac 94 5.0

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
My MAC LT's fit really well. Tight when it was auto, really nice fit when I went 5 speed last year. Do yourself a favor! Wrap your starter with heat wrap, or else your starter will get cooked eventually.

what do you use for that? I'm gonna have mine out again in a lil bit, maybe i'll do that.

kb1982

Reaction score
You can get starter heat wraps. They are usually made out of mylar, the shiny stuff like what firefighter have and space blankets.

OP
OP
94yellow50

94yellow50

Reaction score
Yep latemodelrestoration has the wrap. As someone stated above it was like 30 bucks. Just wrap around the starter and trim to length.

OP
OP
94yellow50

94yellow50

Reaction score
Quick update, headers fit great. Tuck up tight to the bottom of the car. Used a vrs stainless x pipe specific to the macs. That tucks up higher Than the old x pipe with shorties. All in all very happy with how it all turned out

OP
OP
94yellow50

94yellow50

Reaction score
Ok, got some pictures. As far as ground clearance picture didn't show much, but 3 inches exactly between ground and the two flanges that bolt Midpipe n header together. For reference the top of the arch of my front wheel opening is 26" the car is lowered a couple inches. Only problem I ran into was driver side read primary hit on the steering shaft, it's not stock shaft so I can't comment about that, it's the maximum motorsports shaft. All It required to clear was to put a slight chamfer on the part of the shaft that was hitting n all clears. Pictures will follow in a minute.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robtalbott

Members online