Brake bleeding

J_lope82

Reaction score
One thing I did see while bleeding is that the rear bleed fittings were plugged up with rust. I had to remove them and poke them with a pick and then blast them with brake cleaner. After that they started to bleed out the fluid.

OP
OP
apsmith49921

apsmith49921

Reaction score
Yeah I did have that issue but I cleaned them. I've got the new bleeder so I'll give it a shot

OP
OP
apsmith49921

apsmith49921

Reaction score
Gave the air bleeder a shot it seemed to help. Sometime this weekend I might try and get the abs to kick on and see if that helps

OP
OP
apsmith49921

apsmith49921

Reaction score
Update on this. Tried getting the abs to work and it will not activate because it has a code. Found out it has a code for right rear sensor. 90 bucks for a sensor or 90 bucks for an abs delete. Simple question to answer

OP
OP
apsmith49921

apsmith49921

Reaction score
I opted for the delete. Tbf there hasn't been any bleeding at all. Pedal goes straight to the floor. Also this new compressor powered bleeder is amazing so gives me a chance to get a good bleed on it

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
That’s why I was suggesting to open a front and rear blender with the mc cap off. It allows the master to cycle completely without restricting fluid movement.

I just had an opportunity to use this bleeding method on a car here at work. It works great and too about 15 minutes to bleed a bone dry, brand new system

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yea I was struggling with mine as well a couple of years back. Same thing that no matter how many times we bled them that the pedal was still just mush until I got the same kit.

maillemaker

Reaction score
I don't know if the Mustangs are similar, but my 1990 E350 van(RV) has a RABS module. Evidently if you get air in them you have to cause the module to cycle while pressing the brake to force the air out of the RABS module. A fellow made a pigtail and alternated +12V to two terminals while stepping on the brake and it allows the air/fluid to return to the reservoir when the peddle is pressed.

I was reading about this because my E350 pedal has been spongy since I let a shop to repair work on the brakes. I suspect they got air into the RABS system.

Randy Hayes

Reaction score
Where did you end up on this, I'm having the same issue on a 04 Coyote swap with the hydroboost, no matter how I bleed them or how many times I bleed them the pedal is going all the way to the floor. Bought the car with this way and just started a new post on this subject with more detail if you're interested.

Attachments

• 77181062-295-2004-Mustang.jpg
    77181062-295-2004-Mustang.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 3

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Where did you end up on this, I'm having the same issue on a 04 Coyote swap with the hydroboost, no matter how I bleed them or how many times I bleed them the pedal is going all the way to the floor. Bought the car with this way and just started a new post on this subject with more detail if you're interested.
What kind of brakes are on the car?

Randy Hayes

Reaction score
Hello, they're Stoptech in the front and not sure on the rear I'm thinking red painted Cobra or GT. Thanks Randy

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
I'm betting that it's not fully bled. There's air in those front calipers because most people forget that big brakes have bleeder screws on both halves.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if the brake calipers have been changed you might want to check and make sure the bleeder valves are facing up. If they put them on the wrong side and then bled them while on the car, the bleeder valve faces down and will still catch a bubble right there.

Shocker6

Reaction score
I had the same problem as the OP a couple of weeks ago. I was going absolutely INSANE trying everything mentioned in this thread. And I mean to a T
Turns out the bleed sequence is the exact opposite. At least on my 98 svt. Drivers side front 1st, passenger front 2nd, rear drivers side 3rd, etc. And that was it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online