brakes - what do you dream of?

RichV

Reaction score
Can you show some examples of the coolers that you speak of!?!?

Brake ducts are what I use, similar to the below. The ducts just go to the fog light openings. I custom made my spindle adapters, but Agent47 makes some SN specific ones.

83.jpg

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That's what I thought you spoke of but wanted to verify!!!!

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I also thought that there were only a few that allowed for the parking brake to be retained and that would be a good thing. Any help on that?

Lanter

Reaction score
I think it would be hard to beat the cobra r brembos for the price you can get them. That will be the route I'll take when the time comes, unless I stumble across some saleen alcon calipers..... those are my dream brakes.

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Upgrade to 13" front rotor Wilwood 4 pot, stock Cobra rear.
Street:
Too much, but definitely usable.
Track:
Very well balanced, brakes are there. Period. You can absolutely be 100% confident this will launch you through the windshield if needbe. Brake coolers are a MUST on track.
Feel:
Wow.

Agree 100%

I have the same calipers on a 14" rotor with street pads all the way around. If you put your foot down, you will likely smack your face on the windshield...

Dream set up: Gt350 calipers front and rear.

OH.. and the wilwood 13" and 14" set up are cheaper and easier to maintain than the cobra r set up. Not to mention bigger pistons, and can hold a thicker rotor.

:thumbsup: http://www.sn95forums.com/showthread.php?68550-So-you-want-a-Big-Brake-Kit-(BBK)
4ce2d8f4-2a94-4e5f-a124-412ff8273521_zpswfrg2crq.jpg

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
i think my dream kit will be the wilwood carbon ceramic brakes for fronts and rears. 2nd choice will be baers 6R calipers. But for my "practical" choice is going with the baer 6p kits. not to heavy on the bank.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score

nitroram33

Reaction score
so then I guess the original question still stands - what would I need to make that work? Is it just the rotor or is there a different bracket I need or???
Presumably just the rotors and caliper bracket. Maybe get lucky and just the former though.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I thought it was the brackets that came with the calipers that spaced them out further for the bigger rotors? so same mounting hardware on GT/cobra but different calipers/brackets/rotors?

RichV

Reaction score
With the 13 T4 kit you can use camaro pads. With the 13 pro plus you can use corvette pads. Not saying pads are cheaper. Just that you can more likely walk into more parts stores to pickup replacement pads.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/baer-bra...r_mustang=694&brand_name=748&product_type=263

If you're going to part stores for performance pads, you're doing it wrong. :p

I'm sure you can order whatever, but why not just do it from home? My dailys are one thing, but performance brake pads for a Mustang are hardly in stock anywhere I know of. Specially for a performance caliper. Maybe unless you have a JEGS or Summit warehouse 'part store'. Some race shops here carry Wilwood bridgebolt pads, but are usually about 25-30% higher priced. I guess you pay for convenience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
96gt3vswap

Members online