burn outs!

4point6GT

Reaction score
ok so wut are the correct steps to achieving a perfect one or close to it ??? be more specific than puttin the hand break up n floorin it lol :hammer:................. thanx!

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
there is nothing too it just work the throttle and hold the car back with the brakes :dunno: :dunno: go by ear to hear whats going on behind you and let the smoke fly ;D ;D ;D I dont do it personaly because I cant afford to burn up $250 each Drag radials :(

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
youre gonna smoke your brakes in the rear the first time you do a brake torque burnout. just a lil fyi

OP
OP

4point6GT

Reaction score
whys that, cuz its my first time ? in that case i will wait to put my new ones on then cuz my uncle said i really need to change them, im takin it to his shop this weekend to have rear brakes/rotors/pads replaced, dont think i need everythin but you never know.

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
no, just cause thats what it does. when you brake torque it, its applyin some braking power in the back too. with your tires spinnin and your brakes applied its naturally goin to wear them. after a couple brake torque youll have em wore down. the first time theyll prolly glow red and stink

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
phil_the_thrill said:
no, just cause thats what it does. when you brake torque it, its applyin some braking power in the back too. with your tires spinnin and your brakes applied its naturally goin to wear them. after a couple brake torque youll have em wore down. the first time theyll prolly glow red and stink
oh yes the red glow is fun to watch......on somebody elses car :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

OP
OP

4point6GT

Reaction score
wow, the trouble we go thru jus to see sum smoke huh, burn our brakes off n shredd our poor tires...you guys still didnt really give me the steps lol but its ok, thanx!

94Vert

Reaction score
don't use your e brake. use your pedal, the ebrake goes to the rear only

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
rev up to about four grand, dump the clutch and mash the brake as quick as you can. watch your revs. deff not the best thing to sit there and let it bounce off the limiter. if you're feeling tenacious on the stock gearing, try and grab second. other than that let er eat.

you can put down some bleach or some oil for more smoke but itll get all over

OP
OP

4point6GT

Reaction score
94Vert said:
don't use your e brake. use your pedal, the ebrake goes to the rear only

oh ok cuz smokin 4 breaks are better than 2 huh, lmao gotchaaa tho ;)

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
4point6GT said:

. . . . no . . . . :nonono: . . . because if you use the e-brake it won't hold the car.

The FRONT brakes don't smoke . . . they hold the car in place.

All of that said, do it right and get a line lock. You should try to acheive rear wheel speed of about 150 mph.

Should look like this:

http://media.putfile.com/Burnout-4-7-

9psi 98

Reaction score
Unless you are a regular at the track save your money on a line lock. A line lock is a valve that is actuated by a switch inside your car that allows you to push your brake pedal, hit the line lock switch, and then take your foot off of the brake pedal. By pushing the switch you make the valve close so that pressure is held only in the front brakes so you don't smoke your rear brakes at all.
You didn't mention whether your car was a manual or automatic. If it's auto, its more simple. Put your tranny in #1 and put a foot on the brake just enough to hold you there while pressing the gas pedal at the same time. They will start to smoke without a problem. If you have them spinning fast enough and have the revs to play with, then try shifting into second. If you have stock gearing or your tires are too sticky, you'll probably hear your motor not liking this much. If you have a manual tranny you'll have to dump the clutch to get the wheels spinning. Your car will want to take off so you'll have to be quick about getting your foot on the brake. Keep the revs up and you're doing it. If you're going to do a 2nd gear burnout in a maunal, be sure that you have the gearing to do it. 3.27's and lower aren't something that you want to do this with. Do the 2nd gear burnout just like you did with it in 1st gear, if you have the rear end gears for it, it might bog down a bit at first, but it will pick up quickly. In either maual or auto make sure that you power out of each of the burnouts. Meaning, don't do your burnout and then just push in the clutch or take your foot off the gas. Your tires will be really sticky even with all-season tires, letting off the gas will make them go from spinning fast to just stopping which is going to trash your drivetrain. Hope this helps. I guess I'm to blame for the black marks that this guy is going to leave all over the streets now :dunno: Be SAFE AND SMART ABOUT IT!!

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:
4point6GT said:

. . . . no . . . . :nonono: . . . because if you use the e-brake it won't hold the car.

The FRONT brakes don't smoke . . . they hold the car in place.

All of that said, do it right and get a line lock. You should try to acheive rear wheel speed of about 150 mph.

Should look like this:

http://media.putfile.com/Burnout-4-7-

you really get em up to 150mph??

fastest i ever got up to was 95 in the snow :rollinglaugh:

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
phil_the_thrill said:
you really get em up to 150mph??

fastest i ever got up to was 95 in the snow :rollinglaugh:

Yep. That burnout was in third gear at over 7,000 rpm on a 3.73 gear and a 28 inch tire . . . so about 150.

OP
OP

4point6GT

Reaction score
power out is what exactly, that after your done with burnout you let go of break pedal but keep yur foot on accel pedal still ? like drive off after burnout, is that what he meant ??? well thanx for the info, will try this right b4 i take it to shop ahaha :)

my 98gt is 5 spd, guess you didnt see my mods down there, i got a short shifter n got a pretty nice clutch too... so what gear does my car come stock with ? im gonna be gettin some 4.10s soon.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
they come with a couple different gears stock..look at the I.D. tag on the rear end cover they have 2.73 , 3.08 and my car had 3.27

St33da

Reaction score
im reading all these replies and people telling him to dump the clutch and then quickly get on the brakes..... am I the only person who uses the left foot to operate the clutch while i use the heel of my right foot to hold the brakes and the toes of my right foot to operate the gas? :dunno:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online