Car is missing terribly, what is the deal?

STNG_96

Reaction score
Alright guys, last weekend my car started missing very badly, all of a sudden. It dosent always do it at the same time, mostly just under acceleration. I have thought of the usual list of things that it could be as far as fuel and ingnition, but hvae rulled them out, due to the fact that the car had been running fine all night, and I was on my way home and it just started to do it without warning. What could this be? I had a buds car do soemthing similar a while back, and he had to change his coil packs, so borrowed his new ones off his car and it still does it? :dunno: What the hell am I gonna do?

MAXX RS4

Reaction score
CHeck all connections to any sensors. Last week this same thing happened to me and it turned out to be the harness plug that goes to the maf that backed out.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I had a T-bird do this once it was the plugs and wires. When was the last time you changed those? What about cap/rotor? If it hasnt been its deff worth it, even if u just do plugs/cap/rotor its the best $30 you can spend.

sanitarium16

Reaction score
I would bet on the plugs. I had autolites for 3 months (which suck\) and all of a sudden my car was misfiring.....It was the plugs. Check yours, or it could be bad gas

OP
OP
S

STNG_96

Reaction score
OK, to answer some of your responses first, the plugs in the car are basiclally, they have about 2k on them, wires are good as well. 4.6 motors do not have cap and rotor(distributer) set up, thats why I said that about the coil packs, so its not that. I went today to a guy whom is very famaliar with the 4.6 and it went like this. He has a diagnostic machine that he hooked up for me, which yielded a problem in the #4 cylinder. When we looked at it, I about shot somebody. As some of you may know, i had to have my intake manifold replaced some time back, well, the manifold that was put on has a crack in one of the coolant hose fittings, which is letting antifreeze leak into my #4 cylinder, causing the misfire. He said that it could have already seized the plug in the threads, and would ruin the head if I removed it :mad:, so basically Im up shit creek. The warranty on the manifold is 1 year 12k miles, and I have put 12600 miles on it. My 1 year was up a while back, but as some of you also know, ihavent driven the car all winter, so yeah, its been a good day.

Sorry for the long post, just had to vent some. I guess it is time for the PI swap, even though I currently have little money to do it.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Wow man that really sucks! I would write ford or go in and bitch wasnt this a recall? You can tell them its been doing it for a while so you changed your plugs etc and it seemd to help, make a bit of bs up. We had a subaru and the headgasket blew like 1,000k after the warrenty but we still got it covered after enough complaning and stating that we will never buy a vehicle there and will tell many others the story and not to buy a subaru.

Sorry to hear that man, good luck....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online