Car Running Like Shit, Help me fix the problem

fastgtfairlane

Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
disconnect the i believe big fuel line at the fuel rail, take the fuel pump relay out and put a jumper wire on it and let it go until its empty. i would first get some in a cup and look at it first or get some fuel treatment first before going that far to drain all that gas. check under the hood more

fastgtfairlane

Reaction score
thats strange. hell something non related maybe went bad. do what i said to get some fuel out and see if you can test it or something. or just get some fuel stabilizer.

fastgtfairlane

Reaction score
you need to get some kind of diagnostic scan tool that you can see what all of the sensors, etc are doing. could maybe be something like coolant temp sensor or something. i would try to find a scan tool and check your sensor voltage etc....

OP
OP
S

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i have a Scan Tool. My diablo predator works as a scan tool and i am throwing no codes

fastgtfairlane

Reaction score
i dont mean checking codes. im talking about like datalogging what your sensors are doing. i dunno if that diablo thing will do that. checking what your sensors are reading voltage wise to diagnose a problem. without doing that you will end up throwing parts at it.

OP
OP
S

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
so what causes the car to run closed loop?

5.Woahhh

Reaction score
Just open the gas cap and take a wiff. You would know if the gas is bad. Sounds like a similar problem to my friends stang. It was a sensor on the throttle body. I don't know modular that much.

94 DropTop

Reaction score
since you say you have a diablo are you sure you put 91 in it? I i mean are you 200% possitive. my buddy put some 87 in his car by mistake and it ran like crap. drained and refilled the tank was was perfectly fine after that.

fastgtfairlane

Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
so what causes the car to run closed loop?

the car will go into closed loop usually when the car gets up to operating tempature. with a scan tool with the diagnostics on it you can check to see if the car is going into closed loop. when its in open loop the computer will not look at the 02 sensors voltage to make fuel changes. there are a few other things involved too will have to read up to refresh my memory.

fastgtfairlane

Reaction score
if thats the case then just put octane booster in it. you dont wanna drain the gas tank i promise you.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Your car sure has a lot of problems. Post pics of the finished brake install.

OP
OP
S

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
well my new o2's dont come till money so what should i do till then? drain the tank?

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
did you happen to check for any vacuum leaks? maybe a hose was loosened while you were wiping, then during the time it ran caused it to come off?

OP
OP
S

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I just went outside and ran the car and checked for codes and got one.....

P1000 - OBD System readiness test not complete

WTF does that mean?

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
P1000 means:

Description -The OBD monitors are performed during the OBD Drive Cycle. The P1000 will be stored in continuous memory if any of the OBD monitors do not complete their full diagnostic check.

Possible Causes:
* Vehicle is new from the factory
* Battery or PCM had recently been disconnected
* An OBD monitor failure had occurred before completion of an OBD drive cycle
* PCM DTCs have recently been cleared with a scan tool
* PTO circuit is shorted to VPWR or B+ or PTO is on during testing

Diagnostic Aides -The Ford P1000, inspection/maintenance (I/M) readiness function is part of the PCM strategy. A battery disconnection or clearing codes using a scan tool results in the various I/M readiness bits being set to a "not-ready" condition. As each non-continuous OBD monitor completes a full diagnostic check, the I/M readiness bit associated with that monitor is set to a "ready" condition. This may take 1 or 2 drive cycles based on whether malfunctions are detected or not. The readiness bits for comprehensive component monitoring, misfire and fuel system monitoring are considered complete once all the non-continuous monitors have been evaluated. Because the EVAP system monitor requires certain ambient conditions to run, special logic can "bypass" the monitor for purpose of clearing the EVAP system I/M readiness bit due to continued presence of these extreme conditions.
Note: The P1000 does not need to be cleared from the PCM except to pass an I/M test.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Dude, trust me, save yourself from the headaches.

Go get some gas dry shit from any local auto store...drive a bit and see if it helps.

If not you can worry about bigger shit.

Draining the gas is pointless.

I had similar shit happen and it ended up being my gas.

It sounds like gas....it happens.

stangman281v8

Reaction score
I had similar symptoms when my coil pack went on my old Mustang. It would hesitate at idle and after 3k rpms it would smooth out. This could be the answer to why it is running rich. If there is no spark in one of the cylinders, the car is just dumping raw fuel. This is just my $.02. Let us know what the final cause was.

Rob

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online