Cash for Clunkers - or Why Car Salesmen are Morons

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
great job Paul! sounds like your clunker experience was a success. and glad you saw this guy firing off lies. i hate people who lie, especially to your face. good job man, hope your happy with the new car. looks like a great car, definitely DD worthy! hah

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I did my Cash For Clunkers deal over the weekend also. And i too decided against the VW TDI Sportwagon after the one i wanted was $27500 MSRP and nobody would budge. So i went with a similar equipped 09 Ford Escape.

The Escape was @$25,500 MSRP
Invoice was @$24,042
Final Negotiated price was $23,200 so i got $800 under invoice.
$2500 Rebate from Ford
$4500 Clunker Cash (traded 94 Aerostar worth $100)
Then i traded in my g/f's 05 Malibu which had a book value of $4400 in good condition (its not)
$5200 i got them to pay me for that. :)

So i left paying about $12,000 cash for my new Escape....
Not a bad deal and its really solid, much better than i expected.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Nice job man.
I'm glad people like you can call BS on doushbags like that sales guy.
this kind of info is good for people to know. :eek:ccasion14:

the AC is probably your best friend in that thing!

PS, you drive a honda....lolz!

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
haha Jeff.. good stuff. at least he isn't sweating like me in my non-charged AC black cobra with black interior..

ughh i drive EVERYWHERE with my shirt off.

ARdoller

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
eh AC is overrated. just drive with the windows down. and when it rains, the water will keep you cool.

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
ReplicaR said:
How much more would Si set you back?

Don't know. Didn't look. I don't want an Si - not much of a "boy racer." That's what my Mustangs are for.

ARdoller said:
eh AC is overrated. just drive with the windows down. and when it rains, the water will keep you cool.

You're out of your damn mind. No way I'm going to live in Phoenix in a non-AC car. Besides, wimmenz typically don't like being a sweaty disgusting mess when you take them out. I think all of you guys that take your A/C off are retards.

DropTopPony said:
I did my Cash For Clunkers deal over the weekend also. So i left paying about $12,000 cash for my new Escape....Not a bad deal and its really solid, much better than i expected.

NICE. Great work with that. That's a kickass deal.

Dalamar said:
PS, you drive a honda....lolz!

It's okay. Not spending time or money on my daily driver means I have more time and money for my notch. :)

Paul.

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
ARdoller said:
Hahah...I charged my AC this summer...cold AC FTW

Does anyone know how long this Cash for Clunkers promotion is running?

ARdoller

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
JonBeast said:
ARdoller said:
seriously, i dont know what the big deal about AC is. personally, im more uncomfortable when im freezing my ass off, but thats just me.

the only time i like it, is when i first start the car when its hot out, and i need the AC to defog the windshield. thats the only time i ever use it.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
idk, but here in texas, it gets pretty hot too. i could go with my AC working on these 100+ degree weather days.

i just need to charge it and fill the compressor with some oil.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
ARdoller said:
JonBeast said:
ARdoller said:
seriously, i dont know what the big deal about AC is. personally, im more uncomfortable when im freezing my ass off, but thats just me.

the only time i like it, is when i first start the car when its hot out, and i need the AC to defog the windshield. thats the only time i ever use it.

that's what the fan speed and temperature settings are for. It doesn't need to be on max cold the whole time.... i hardly ever use my AC but when i do I'm so glad I have it. Some days having the windows open just doesn't cut it, especially in traffic.

Nice deal on the Escape DropTop, the new Escapes are actually pretty nice.

adrift

Reaction score
Paul said:
So on Friday I traded the black car ('95 GT Mustang Coupe) in at last and bought a brand new 2009 Honda Civic EX 5-speed Coupe

So if you traded in your Mustang, does that mean you're no longer going to be a mod here?

From the context of some of the other posts I get the feeling you had more than one...

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I'll still be the tech moderator. I've definitely got more than one. :grin: Hell, even if I sold all my Mustangs, I'd probably still be the moderator here. I like this place and want to share my experiences with these cars with other folks.

adrift

Reaction score
Paul said:
I'll still be the tech moderator. I've definitely got more than one. :grin: Hell, even if I sold all my Mustangs, I'd probably still be the moderator here. I like this place and want to share my experiences with these cars with other folks.

How many Mustangs do you have if you don't mind me asking? And yeah, I agree, this place is pretty swell. :D

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Currently two, but trying to get down to just one. I'm down from four.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I wish this program applied to more than just brand new cars. I've been looking at a couple year old ~30k mi Fusions that have ranged from $10k to $14k depending on options that I'd love to try and swing with something like this. If I could get what I want for my car, then trade in my dad's old POS Chevy 3500 on the program, I'd have a much more reliable newer car for damn near nothing. Then my money could go into my 67! But alas, its just new cars and there aren't any new cars for that kind of money now a days.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online