Cash for Clunkers - or Why Car Salesmen are Morons

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
His other car is a notch, a very sexy notch that I'm stealing when he's done.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Paul did they tell you the scrap value of your car? They said mine was $350 but the towing fee's etc were deducted from that and was supposed to be @ $50... I'll take an addition $300 check.

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I don't believe you're entitled to the scrap value of the car. I could be wrong though.

Dairy King

Reaction score
Damn it. I just check the cars.gov website. You have to have been the owner for that past year and have had insurance on it for atleast a year. I was gonna buy my ex girlfriends mustang that is seriously a piece of f*ck and use it.

LI98GT

Reaction score
Both of you guys made out really well with this program. I guess my 1990 Civic Si can't be used huh because of the mileage? I've got to the gov site. Would love to pick up a Merc. Milan with the V-6 for the wife.

ARdoller

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
LI98GT said:
Both of you guys made out really well with this program. I guess my 1990 Civic Si can't be used huh because of the mileage? I've got to the gov site. Would love to pick up a Merc. Milan with the V-6 for the wife.
the Premier model is a very nice car.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Paul said:
I don't believe you're entitled to the scrap value of the car. I could be wrong though.

Yes we get the scrap value back on top of the $4500. The dealer should have told you about it, i would call the salesguy and ask him about it. There is a pre determined scrap value that they have to look up and they get to keep $50 of it to cover towing fees.
My Aerostar has a $350 Scrap Value and they keep $50 and mail me a check for the rest. don't know how long that is though.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
LI98GT said:

I bet they have your avg MPG rated way over 18mpg on that Civic.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
You know whats nice, is that if you had traded in your mustang at my dealership paul, I could have bought it back for 69 dollars. I shit you not. Granted its parts only, but I can buy any car traded in, for 69 dollars.

ARdoller

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Paul said:
I'll still be the tech moderator. I've definitely got more than one. :grin: Hell, even if I sold all my Mustangs, I'd probably still be the moderator here. I like this place and want to share my experiences with these cars with other folks.
most of the moderators on mustangforums drive LS1's.

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
ARdoller said:

That's because the moderators are smart enough to know better. LOL

fastgtfairlane

Reaction score
Steven said:
You know whats nice, is that if you had traded in your mustang at my dealership paul, I could have bought it back for 69 dollars. I **** you not. Granted its parts only, but I can buy any car traded in, for 69 dollars.

how so. i would like to know cause there is a 2000gt with immaculant interior that was traded in. and i want the interior out of it asap.

ARdoller

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Paul said:
ARdoller said:

That's because the moderators are smart enough to know better. LOL
last time i checked, my car still has a ford engine :dontknow:

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
ARdoller said:
last time i checked, my car still has a ford engine :dontknow:

That sucks dude. I'm sorry. :(

LMAO.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
fastgtfairlane said:
Steven said:
You know whats nice, is that if you had traded in your mustang at my dealership paul, I could have bought it back for 69 dollars. I **** you not. Granted its parts only, but I can buy any car traded in, for 69 dollars.

how so. i would like to know cause there is a 2000gt with immaculant interior that was traded in. and i want the interior out of it asap.

It's called having connections. Talk to people, shake hands, and be damn lucky and say the right things, and you will meet alot of people.

project94

Reaction score
well i just saw on CNN that the program ran out of money and they are suspending the cash for clunkers program

ARdoller

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
project94 said:
well i just saw on CNN that the program ran out of money and they are suspending the cash for clunkers program
rimshot.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online