Casper the Cobra - Procharged 96' Cobra

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Yea, maybe these days with the way economy is going. It's been a long time since I had to be active in that market.

OP
OP
Venompower

Venompower

Reaction score
Yea, maybe these days with the way economy is going. It's been a long time since I had to be active in that market.
The market all around is nuts… watching YouTube videos of 4.6 upgrades and prices they quite for parts are a fraction of what stuff is now.

I messaged someone local to me who has MMR billet oil pump gears for $150 asking price, new never used… going to have to find deals.

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Yea, I figured. Of course things won't get any easier with that sumbitch Biden at the helm.

apsmith49921

Reaction score
The market all around is nuts… watching YouTube videos of 4.6 upgrades and prices they quite for parts are a fraction of what stuff is now.

I messaged someone local to me who has MMR billet oil pump gears for $150 asking price, new never used… going to have to find deals.
Yep keep after Facebook and the forums.

Honestly hats off staying 4.6. I don't dislike the Coyote by any means but you'll be more money deep in a coyote swap to make the 600hp you want make. I get the Coyote swaps and sometimes they do really make sense but here I really don't think so

NXcoupe

Reaction score
Yep keep after Facebook and the forums.

Honestly hats off staying 4.6. I don't dislike the Coyote by any means but you'll be more money deep in a coyote swap to make the 600hp you want make. I get the Coyote swaps and sometimes they do really make sense but here I really don't think so
I have a 1000 hp coyote race car, and putting a built procharged 2V in my wife's 98 convetible GT. The coyote has its plusses and so do the mods. I did my coyote like I do all my builds, being a broke dick, cheap as possible. I have an advantage having built race engines for years and used to own a speed shop, so still have connections but that only gets you so far. Hell my converter and trans combo was 350 delivered to my door. Lol. 3 years, low nines(slow, I know, but truck converter) without an issue.
I commend the OP for stickimg with the 4v. Just put a smaller pulley on for more boost and it'll make coyote power. Lol.

OP
OP
Venompower

Venompower

Reaction score
I’m
I have a 1000 hp coyote race car, and putting a built procharged 2V in my wife's 98 convetible GT. The coyote has its plusses and so do the mods. I did my coyote like I do all my builds, being a broke dick, cheap as possible. I have an advantage having built race engines for years and used to own a speed shop, so still have connections but that only gets you so far. Hell my converter and trans combo was 350 delivered to my door. Lol. 3 years, low nines(slow, I know, but truck converter) without an issue.
I commend the OP for stickimg with the 4v. Just put a smaller pulley on for more boost and it'll make coyote power. Lol.
I’m making Coyote power now lol just not boosted Coyote power… I think a 3.0 pulley is as low as I can go without overspinning the P1-SC. Will be interesting to see what it makes…

jfisher

Reaction score
Looks like it. All 4v valve covers physically bolt to any of the heads, but it does appear to have a single runner intake manifold. Look between the intake and heads and see if the intake manifold goes all the way to the heads.

OP
OP
Venompower

Venompower

Reaction score
If that is a lincoln engine, it could still be B heads. I had one with coil on plug valve covers and a coolintake like that once.
Yeah I know nothing about the Lincoln Variants but that certainly looked like the newer coil on plug cam covers.

OP
OP
Venompower

Venompower

Reaction score
Long time no post… didn’t pick up the other engine as I got busy with family stuff.

Recently had to DD the Cobra the last week as my 4Runner is at the body shop having the back bumper repaired from a hit and run. Which started fine, but the throw out bearing that has always chirped finally decided to let go. Trying to decide if I want to pay a shop to do the work, or if I want to try to drop a transmission for the first time myself.

If I do go this route what would you replace… would you do everything, rear main seal, clutch, pilot bearing, etc.

The clutch doesn’t slip, and no leaks… so I was leaning towards a new clutch fork and pivot ball, along with an OEM throw out bearing… just want it running again for car shows and cruise nights this summer.

If I do it myself what’s the easiest way to safely lift it high enough to do the work. I have some jack stands and a trans jack but I want it to be safe.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
if you dont like jack stands use some old rims under your tires
the car will not go anywhere

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
look back on {what did you do to your car today }
you will see a 05 v6 i just pulled out same proceeger

Snorky

Reaction score
Get a set of 4 large truck jackstands at harbor freight. I think they are 6 ton rating? They are notably large. 2 clicks up from the bottom and you can almost wheel the trans out on the trans jack. Overkill is good when it comes to jackstands and their stability. Those things are very stable with the extra large foot pads. If the rear main doesn't leak. Don't touch it. Do the clutch fork if it is bent or sloppy. Pivot ball is cheap, and an oem throw out bearing. Pilot bearing only if it's chirping. You will find pulling the trans isn't terrible if you have the jack and good jack stands.

-drain tranny
-pull drive shaft
-pull shifter
-loosen motor mount nuts
-remove clutch cable
-remove bell housing bolts.
-Place trans jacK/secure tranny.
-Loosen/remove tranny cross member bolts.
-Lower trans, place pump jack with wood under front of engine block to support it.
-Yank the bitch back with a side to side rocking motion. Bam.. it's out.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
i bought a set of jack stands from northern tool
that are double locking with pins
8 ton feel safe under the car