Chrome Wheels...wax?

Joe5.0

Reaction score
Would Flitz work good on a polished aluminum wheel lip with chrome spokes? My TTII's have some brake dust/stains etched into the lip, but the chrome spokes are spot-free. I have tried the mothers billet polish, and while it helps it doesnt get all of it out. :help2:

ALITL8

Reaction score
Joe5.0 said:
Would Flitz work good on a polished aluminum wheel lip with chrome spokes? My TTII's have some brake dust/stains etched into the lip, but the chrome spokes are spot-free. I have tried the mothers billet polish, and while it helps it doesnt get all of it out. :help2:

it should but without seeing the damage to your wheels i cant guarantee anything. if all else fails use the Flitz with a dremel and some polishing bits. ive had incredible results using that method :thumb:

post some pics if you have them.

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Just bought a 2lb can of Flitz off of ebay, have a bunch of stuff that needs some luvin.

ALITL8

Reaction score
94GTSTANG50 said:
Just bought a 2lb can of Flitz off of ebay, have a bunch of stuff that needs some luvin.

its the shit, let me know what you think!

ALITL8

Reaction score
94GTSTANG50 said:
So can you use it hoses and plastic?

plastic yes, rubber no. if you want to know what it works on, check out http://www.flitz.com. FYI: i wouldnt buy anything from the official web site... go to ebay for the best price :thumb:

Joe5.0

Reaction score
9DSCF0059.JPG

This is what the damage on my wheels look like. Basically when it rains water collects on the lip, if there is any dirt/brake dust and the water dries it leaves marks like this. It is embedded into the wheel, and I cannot feel anything when I drag my fingernail across it. When I break out the Mothers Billet polish every m onth or so it gets rid of 80% of it, but there is still some that WILL NOT come out.

You think this stuff will work?

OP
OP
Matt94GT

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That should buff out with a good polish, by the sounds of it this stuff works well so I think yes it will work. You can get "samples" on ebay for like $5.99 free shipping if you dont wanna spend the money on a bunch.

ALITL8

Reaction score
it may take more than one application but in most cases it works first time. do like Matt said and grab a sample. IMO its the best and easiest to work with metal polish on the market.

ALITL8

Reaction score
WOW Dalamar, that motor is beautiful!!! im glad you like the FLITZ ;D

94gtstang50

Reaction score
That stuff works real nice, did one of my wheels last week and it was amazing, made it look brand new again. Thanks for the info on it.

thorco3

Reaction score
hmmm... bet this stuff would work great on the inside of my wheels...

ALITL8

Reaction score
yep, it will... go back through this thread i think there's some wheel pics too ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online