Clay bar cleaning

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
All you silly people and your shiny paint jobs!! :)

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

OP
OP

95GT86SS

Reaction score
Hey now. Nothing like a polished up shiny car....

95 GT BBK CAI TB MSD 6AL O/R H SLP LM1
Coming soon GT40 Heads Intake and e303 cam with Long tubes

HuskerGT

Reaction score
Just google Nanoskin products. They are seriously the best. Kinda pricy at first but you get way more use out of them than clay so it ends up costing way less...

Just ordered their Eliminate Clay with Briliant Shine AutoScrub Kit throuh Amazon. Should be here this Friday.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
What are they from? I haven't messed around detailing almost any white cars.

As far as I can tell, it looks sort of like embedded pollen. My work car, personal car, and girlfriends car all get them. If you stand back, you don't necessarily see it, but once you start doing something so detail oriented like clay, they drive you nuts.

I would need to see the price of the two, a video demo and then an a-b

For any of the options on amazon, they are all about $40. But most regular clay is $20. The thing is, you can reuse the nanoskin stuff over and over. If you drop it, you can rinse it off, and keep working. We all know what happens when you drop clay.

Just ordered their Eliminate Clay with Briliant Shine AutoScrub Kit throuh Amazon. Should be here this Friday.

Awesome, hopefully you like it!

joekd

Reaction score
White is awful sometimes. My wifes explorer kept getting orange spots on the rear, talked to a meguiars rep and he told me those are actually metal particles that are sitting on top of the paint and surface rusting. Quick claybar and they were gone.

Sinned83

Reaction score
The particals you guys are seeing is called fallout or industrial fall out and it is on all of the cars not just white.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
White is awful sometimes. My wifes explorer kept getting orange spots on the rear, talked to a meguiars rep and he told me those are actually metal particles that are sitting on top of the paint and surface rusting. Quick claybar and they were gone.

That makes sense too. Sometimes it does look rust-esque

So what's everyone using for lube?

Nanoskin glide if I plan to cut and buff, nanoskin nano shock if I am just going right into waxing

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The particals you guys are seeing is called fallout or industrial fall out and it is on all of the cars not just white.

I am not saying it's not in other colors, I just know I can see it a lot more on white, which means I spend a lot more time working to get it out than say, on a car where it is not noticeable.

I should also point out, that earlier when I mentioned getting two cars done that was clay, seal, polish (in some areas) glaze, and wax :)

HuskerGT

Reaction score
Just ordered their Eliminate Clay with Briliant Shine AutoScrub Kit through Amazon. Should be here this Friday.
Washed it last night and gave it the Nanoskin treatment this afternoon. Was real easy to use and work. Easier than the clay, IMO, in that I didn't have to stop, fold it over, knead it, flatten it... Also, the sponge is easier to handle than the clay.

The surface is so f'ing smooth now. Really great results on 22 year old paint.

Not the best pics, but:

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The sponge and towel from nanoskin are great. I ordered the DA attachment after reading TT's thread but haven't used it yet.

HuskerGT

Reaction score
I'll probably order more stuff from them too. Prices aren't bad at all really and they seem like quality products

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online