Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
Scarface said:
Item#: UP 83014A

Price: $12.99
628014.jpg

What is this stuff...??? So i guess that doesn't include the hoses huh...

It's the front mounting hardware, when you get it apart and are sitting there looking at it, it all fall's into place. No hoses there, but you can get a set from Summit for around 40 bucks I think.

I worked in Machine shops for several years after I got out of the Army, became very skilled at CNC set-up and programing. I make alot more money in my cubicle though, and get to surf the net all day and sit in AC, so I'lll take the lame job

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
lol i get ya... i didn't do any cnc with my machinest job... :) it was all old schooL :) got really tired or 350's and inline 6's .... anyway, where can i get some or do i even need those banjo bolts??? thanks

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Not sure if they are different, but again the part's store would have them, they usually don't come with lines. You do need some if they are not in the calipers you get

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
say what?? i'm not following....i've been drinkkkkennn...............

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Banjo bolts, you may be able to re-use the stockers, or he may have included them, otherwise it's a parts store item.

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
Jrgunn5150 said:
Banjo bolts, you may be able to re-use the stockers, or he may have included them, otherwise it's a parts store item.

How will i know if i can re use them??? just curious.

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
Scarface said:
if they thread into the new caliper.

So basically i won't know untill i have mine apart with no way to the auto parts store lol.

On a side note....i just got the shipping quote from them and they said it was going to be 38.xx somthing to ship.... I'm like what the fuck! does 40 buxs sound right to ship just that small amout of stuff????

S

scarface

the stuff is heavy, and you are probably getting charged for driving time, box, and packing materials.

Just order the bolts if this is your only transportation.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
It's pretty heavy, so yeah. I cost me 40 bucks to ship an RC truck that weighs 14lbs and goes in a 26"x16"x12" box.

If he didn't include banjo bolt's, they go buy them before you take it apart, it shouldn't cost you more than 5 bucks, keep the receipt, and if you need em, use em, and if you don't, take em back.

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
Yea i guess i could just buy them and if not used then take them back.... I just don't understand why its so much to ship, i got some 5.4L 2v pi heads and they were only 48.00 shipping from like 4 states away. O well, i can't complain. I was damned if i was going to loose to that other dude and if i want to play i gotta pay.... all i can say is they better be worth it. O and i think i saw some pads on there :) maybe if they are in decent shape i can use them. After all that i sure don't have another $80 to spend on pad when i have to get hoses, bolts, and kits. ....

reivaxtorres

Reaction score
voidfinger said:
Yea i guess i could just buy them and if not used then take them back.... I just don't understand why its so much to ship, i got some 5.4L 2v pi heads and they were only 48.00 shipping from like 4 states away. O well, i can't complain. I was damned if i was going to loose to that other dude and if i want to play i gotta pay.... all i can say is they better be worth it. O and i think i saw some pads on there :) maybe if they are in decent shape i can use them. After all that i sure don't have another $80 to spend on pad when i have to get hoses, bolts, and kits. ....

if they do come with pads, dont bother turning the rotors and just use them like that, just clean the rotors. if you feel them have deep grooves or anything like that, then yes, get them turned AND get new pads. no sense in getting "new" rotors and used pads, the pads will just screw up the new rotor.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
You could scuff them up with a scotch brite in a drill though. Should bust the glaze if it's there.

reivaxtorres

Reaction score
Jrgunn5150 said:
You could scuff them up with a scotch brite in a drill though. Should bust the glaze if it's there.

that works too, i just used some hi-grit sandpaper to clean up the rotors a little and then sanded down the pads a little as well.

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
reivaxtorres said:
Jrgunn5150 said:

that works too, i just used some hi-grit sandpaper to clean up the rotors a little and then sanded down the pads a little as well.

so for now if the pads are worn i can just sand them down? The dude said the rotors needed to be turned though..... this is adding up fast...

O by the way, one question... are the cobra brake calipers and rotors the same from 96-04??? i saw some on a 03 today and they looked rocken :)

reivaxtorres

Reaction score
voidfinger said:
reivaxtorres said:
Jrgunn5150 said:

so for now if the pads are worn i can just sand them down? The dude said the rotors needed to be turned though..... this is adding up fast...

O by the way, one question... are the cobra brake calipers and rotors the same from 96-04??? i saw some on a 03 today and they looked rocken :)

if the pads are worn but not too bad, then yes, you can sand them down a little to get them even and remove any deposits left on them. find out why the rotors need to be turned. if they are badly warpped or have very deep grooves, i would say take them to autozone or some ma-and-pa brake shop to have them turned. if they are lightly warpped or have some very shallow surface scratches, you can "turn" them yourself at home with some sand paper. what i did was put them on the hub and lock them down with the wheel nut, and rotate them while pressing the sandpaper on one side then the other. worked fine to remove the light warpping i had and removed the glazzing off the rotors.

and no, the cobra brakes are a little different thru the years. 96-98 are identical, 99/01 cobra and 01 bullitt calipers are the same, 03/04 cobra and mach1 calipers are the same, except the cobra and non cobra (mach1, bullitt) calipers have different "emblems" on them.

the 03/04 units are the best, followed by the 99/01 units and then by the 96-98 units. 03/04 units have dual pistons that are different sizes that increase stopping power. 99/01 units are twin piston calipers. the 96-98 are also twin piston calipers, but i cannot recall the main difference between these and the rest. ALL the 13" brake kits are better than the stock 94-98 GT brakes.

96-04 cobra, bullitt, and mach1 rotors are the same size and are interchangeable. 03/04 cobras had stock brembo rotors tho, if i remember correctly.

S

scarface

I saw no difference in 03 front calipers and mine other than the color ??? I had them side by side when I first got my car. Where did you get your info, Im not saying you are wrong, but I would like to see proof.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
You work in a machine shop right? Or you used to, I forgot. Anyway, any regular turret lathe can be used to turn them down, so maybe a buddy there can help you out even if you can't get access. That should help you out fianancly.

As for Caliper's, even if they are different, and as far as I know they all carry the same part number, I've only ever seen them refered to as 96-04 Cobra rotor's, I doubt it makes a big difference.

reivaxtorres

Reaction score
Scarface said:
I saw no difference in 03 front calipers and mine other than the color ??? I had them side by side when I first got my car. Where did you get your info, Im not saying you are wrong, but I would like to see proof.

i tried finding the same sites ive seen say that but i cant seem to find them. i will look again (running out of time, heading out for the evening right now) either tomorrow or monday when i am back at work. if i cant find the info i will go and edit my post, dont want to be giving out the wrong info.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The differences between the Cobra calipers over the years is the piston sizes...i know the 99+ have larger pistons then the 96-98...not sure of the difference of the 03/04 though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online