Cobra brake upgrade, and the pedals ungodly hard.

wytstang

Reaction score
Got a pair of vise grip? lol
That is my next step this weekend if I can't get a pre bent line. If you want get a new MC and come on over, I have a Motive pressure bleeder we can used to flush the system all nice like.

OP
OP
Steven

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
I wish I could. Where'd you get yours from?

OP
OP
Steven

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
I looked. Where the hell did you get it from? LOL

wytstang

Reaction score
I got from the Ford racing kit, I looked around and it doesn't seem they sell it solo. Local Parts store or MM (go through Art). Can't you get it through Ford?
BTW I just finished up the brake install (vise grips are the chit lol) w/MC and MM conversion lines. Went smooth like butta.
I wouldn't worry about measuring the MC it's the same. The Motive Brake bleeder worked fantastic.

Do have a question, are the front brake bleeder valves supposed to be on top? Seemed odd to me.

OP
OP
Steven

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Yes bleeders on top. Tryed through ford and can't get it a
sadly. I might just wait. We need to take pictures soon

wytstang

Reaction score
It's getting real nice out, let me know so I can detail the stang. Hell bring your over and I'll take the buffer to it.

OP
OP
Steven

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
I haven't even waxed it once since I painted it. the front bumper is chipped up heaven since they repaved 526 lol

tommybunz

Reaction score
if i got pbr calipers from an 01gt do i have to do this to. i dont have abs, and my bbooster is leaking air from somewhere does that come from the wrong setup?

wytstang

Reaction score
Nope just swap them out and that is it, not sure on your second question sorry.

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
Good to know this, I will put cobra breaks in when my front ones wear out. The break line nuts are a PITA to get off, but if you heat it with a torch then vise grip it, you can usually break it free. Just make sure the line is DISCONNECTED from the caliper and all brake fluid is drained from that line, brake fluid explosions aren't fun :p.

wytstang

Reaction score
My passenger side was cake it was just the driver side *I* fubar'ed. I was sitting facing forward thinking righty tighet lefty loosy. Well that was wrong since I was facing forward lol I ended up tightening the damn thing more and stripped it. Naturally I paid more attention to the passenger side lol. Liquid wrench and a 7/16 is all you need, if you have a line/Flare nut wrench even better. The MC and line swap was cake.

BackinBlack

Reaction score
Make sure you bench bleed the master cylinder. You can get a kit from a parts store pretty cheap.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mysticcobra

Members online