Cold air intakes

Reaction score
This is a stab in the dark but I read somewhere that cold air intakes really don't do much for a V6, the increase in horsepower that the CAI manufacturers claim is practically non existent. What is the consensus on this ? I was seriously going to order a CAI for my Mustang , now I'm not so sure

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
your not going to notice it on most cars, v6 or v8 especially in stock form. Its also not going to hurt especially if you plan on more mods later.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
By itself it’s nothing more than a better looking cai than factory and gives you the sound of sucking in air.

Aside from that you won’t gain anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
planning on a tune in my son's car with the exhaust (o/r h and duals) and his cai next time he comes home. have a canned 93 tune in it now that woke it up.

07GtS197

Reaction score
The only reason newer cars need a tune after a cai is because the new intake tube is larger and because they use slot style mafs the intake tube size dictates maf housing size. So its really to recalibrate for a larger maf.

Duffy

Reaction score
I put a CAI on my V6 only because I got one for less than the cost of an OEM air filter............I got more noticeable umph from shortening the throttle cable so as to get WOT when mashing the gas pedal.............

4 cruzen

Reaction score
I just posted about early cars in particular my first car a 1966 Ford Fairlane GT. In order to get better air flow we just flipped over the air cleaner top. This actually gave you more air flow and allowed you to increase the size of your fuel jets in your carbarator more gas+more air gave you more umph. No such thing as COI's back then had to make your own.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online