Comic Relief...

sixstanger00

Reaction score
Hey guys,

There's this kid I'm friends with on Facebook that's always talking out of his @$$, usually something along the lines of his riced out Saturn Ion beating GTs, but yadda yadda.

Anywho, he recently IMed me about a friend's S197 GT, and this conversation got some absurdly silly, that I just had to share it with everyone. ENJOY! :D

Jgehret

Reaction score
Sit back and enjoy the stupidity. It's like the one guy I work with.... He restored a 63 Chevelle with a 396 and a 8 speed trans...I won't go into the rest of the details. I just nod my head and say cool. You can't fix stupid.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Wow you get angry easy, might want to see a doctor and have blood pressure checked :)

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Wowwwww that dude should have just stopped a looooooong time ago lmao!!! That's great! I love seeing people who don't know what they're talking about get called out on it.

the.greg

Reaction score
Its pretty funny, but don't let it get to you. Ignorance like that cant be fixed easily.

I once had a coworker tell me his dodge ram had a mopar supercharger from the factory. I researched it and knew he must be lying since it wasn't offered with his truck from mopar, so I asked him to pop the hood so I could check it out one day. Sure enough it had no blower and when I politely told him that he was missing a blower, he tried to correct me and pointed at his alternator and said there's the supercharger... Claimed it took special oil and the dealer charged him extra for it, guess he was paying the stupid tax.

RichV

Reaction score
People try too hard sometimes. Not sure what it accomplishes, other than them looking stupid.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Maybe he is talking about followers..... as opposed to rockers.... its clear he didn't know what he was talking about ..... the 3v had vct but because it was a DOHC it obviously can't have tivct (twin independent variable cam timing). Guy is a tard.......

Is it ion at least the redline with a supercharger.....

Pulling the tires at 80 with 20lb injectors..... lol

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I would like the 180 seconds I spent reading that back. Thanks.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Plenty of that type here in Ky. I argued a guy that claimed his convertible '94 was the last year of the 5.0lwindsor....dead set on that info too. Like clenching fist arguing dead set thats the history cause he knows...lol.

ProKiller

Reaction score
guy i work with told me once he had a foxbody with a special edition "maple grove raceway" package right from ford that had over 300hp from the factory. not even worth arguing with these people as they don't want to listen anyway.

OP
OP
sixstanger00

sixstanger00

Reaction score
The responses here have made my day haha.

Just a few quick replies:

No, I don't anger easily, just a real short tolerance for stupid. :grin:

D3VST8R96GT, no, it's not the s/c Redline Edition. Just a plain ol' Ion, with tons of ricey mods he's bragged about....

1) MAF has been completely deleted. Yup. Removed the intake tract and mounted a filter on the throttlebody for a "short ram" intake. :laughing5:

2) Cut the coil springs (twice) to lower it. Going for the "stanced" & "negative camber" look...

3) F*** it, not enough negative camber in the rear. He then swapped stock bushings for......wait for it......SKATEBOARD BUSHINGS.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think we all have a friend or two like that. Its always fun just to sit back and let them do their thing, better then cable most of the time. I had a buddy in high school one day start one of these stories about how he got jumped by some gang members that he and his brother fought off, he had a black eye from it. 2 weeks later we found out it was his brother that gave it to him.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.