Dirtyred's 98 GT aka project '' Rated R ''

OP
OP
dirtyred11

dirtyred11

Reaction score
Thats actually really good! Nice work. Got a pick on the car without tape?
Thanks man, I am very happy with how it came out and I don't actually. I am gonna take some final shots tomorrow after I finish with the little details.

Nice job on the mirror! Out of all three wheel setups i like your choice on the FR500s w/ the 315s on the back.

Cars looking great!!
Thanks for the compliments, I put a ton of time into those mirrors and the outcome actually surprised me lol and I love the fr500s with the 315s out back even though there kinda bald lol but still my favorite wheel so far. Can't wait to see what I pick up after these, can't get nothing but better....

OP
OP
dirtyred11

dirtyred11

Reaction score
Great job on the mirrors! It really does a lot for a red car.
Thanks man, it really did make a huge difference. When I had them in primer on the car I was still iffy but after I finally put color and the clear on them it made all the difference. I'm shooting for the best replicas out there lol

OP
OP
dirtyred11

dirtyred11

Reaction score
Ok so finally finished them and was able to take some better shots of the mirrors, also pulled the dip back off the hood...

The passenger side turned out just as great, but as I was posting these pics I noticed I didn't take any of that side but they are exactly the same.

OP
OP
dirtyred11

dirtyred11

Reaction score
Gotta love it when ups brings car parts....

Went ahead and ordered the Walboro 255lph fuel pump specific to my 98 and the fuel tank grommet

OP
OP
dirtyred11

dirtyred11

Reaction score
So I pulled out the tank today to replace it with the Walbro 255lph unit that I bought, turned out to be an easier job than I remembered. I think it was the original pump also from how old it looked and the markings on it. And of course I changed it in the kitchen floor like a boss lol

Then I dropped the new unit in ( and crazii thing is the new pump didn't come with a strainer or need one??? I called LMR and they confirmed it ) and wrote on it with a sharpie the date/mileage on the car/and pump brand. Then threw it back in... The car fired right up also after I primed it, no more 3 minute starts after a drive lol

Also pulled off the headlights last night and cut the three little annoying tabs off and polished them up. They look brand new now

OP
OP
dirtyred11

dirtyred11

Reaction score
Went on a little cruise with a couple mustangs bros today and snapped a couple pics when we made it down to the beach.....

And also what I have been working on....

And the progress after a lot of sanding....

OP
OP
dirtyred11

dirtyred11

Reaction score
An update for those interested, finally finished my wheels....

Drove it like this for a day or two.....

OP
OP
dirtyred11

dirtyred11

Reaction score
Now fast forward to today, took some better pics after painting the wheels and started dropping the trans to put in a new clutch

Will update pics later of what I found when I dropped the trans....

OP
OP
dirtyred11

dirtyred11

Reaction score
A little update on what I am working on right now guys, so I am replacing the clutch in the stang right now with just an OE one but when I dropped the trans I found a little goody that made me love my car even more but changed the plans a little. So i found the part I needed for it and ordered it so it's on the way, well while I wait I decided to clean up some of the parts and be ready when it gets here...

Then I started working on getting that old pilot bearing out with the old bread trick lol

Works like a charm, 1 piece of bread+5 minutes later=pilot bearing out

Then I turned my attention to cleaning up the trans and making it look acceptable

And after a can of engine enamel later....

Replacement friction plate for the flywheel should be here tomorrow so more updates then....

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Im digging the stance!!. You went through a lot of wheels haha

OP
OP
dirtyred11

dirtyred11

Reaction score
Im digging the stance!!. You went through a lot of wheels haha
Thanks man, and I always go through a lot of wheels lol but just waiting till the day I can buy some ccw's and then my wheel swapping will stop, MAYBE lol

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks man, and I always go through a lot of wheels lol but just waiting till the day I can buy some ccw's and then my wheel swapping will stop, MAYBE lol

LOL for some its an addiction. I know some friends who love buying and trading high end wheels.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Im loven this build! Dood, you attention to detail is great! Awesome work!

OP
OP
dirtyred11

dirtyred11

Reaction score
LOL for some its an addiction. I know some friends who love buying and trading high end wheels.
It's definitly and addiction for me lol and eventually I will get to the point of swapping around high end wheels. Those days need to hurry up and come hell lol

Im loven this build! Dood, you attention to detail is great! Awesome work!
Thanks man, glad to see that some actually like the work that I am putting into this one. I am always looking for ways to set my sn95 apart and I found that the easiest way sometimes is just to be really clean and pay attention to the details.

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Hopefully i dont get that addiction. LOL

OP
OP
dirtyred11

dirtyred11

Reaction score
Ok time for a little update, so I got the car running shortly after my parts finally came in and drove it for about 400 miles before I took it out to mexico for a little fun. I don't think the parts store clutch was up to the task because the bearings are making a little noise now. Well the TOB was squealing soon as i put it in lol but anyways drove it some more getting ready to buy an Exedy stage 2 clutch when I came up on a nice trade for my fr500s.

15/8s in the rear with a 275/60 tire and 15/4 in the front with a 165/80 tire

Then I threw the rears on and had to order 1'' spacers for the front because of my cobra brakes

Then a daytime shot with the ugly bullits up front.... (don't ask what happend to them it's a long story lol)

Then finally got my spacers in and was able to throw on the fronts, I was to anxious lol

And then a couple on my way to work when I was getting out checking after I had a huge scrape and had to take a pic lol

So after getting the new wheels with good tires on them I took it back out to mexico because it had to be way more fun now than when I was racing on my bald fr500s, so I did a couple 20 rolls against basically full bolt on new edges and it did very well since it wasn't spinning anymore. I couldn't get the basically stock 2v's to run anymore because I already drug one of those baddddd lol. So right now the death count is a minor bolt on 5.0 sn95, a couple new edges, a ecoboost with a couple bolt ons, and a really close race against a full bolt on 2v. So after all that fun I decided the 15/8s weren't wide enough so I pulled the wheels off and sold them and I am currently waiting on new wheels and tires that I ordered. Stay tuned.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markstang73

Members online