DOHC Stroker?

voidfinger

Reaction score
Hey guys, i'm picking back up the DOHC swap and i'm moven in quick. I was wondering if anyone on her has stroked their cobra motors up and if so how do you like it?

I'm looking for sites on this or the parts i will need. Anyone with power numbers or what i will probably make? any help would be helpful :) thanks guys

Mitchell

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Well, I have stroked my 2v, and I will be dropping the rotating assembly into the Aviator motor over the winter. The only difference is the piston's, for compression I'll be changing mine. Be warned however, that this is one piston slapping, noise making sucker when it's cold. I don't expect it to go over 50 k either. It is a nice broad area under the curve though, i can lug it down to 1300 in 6th, or shift it at 7200 at the track.

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
the motor won't last if i do the stoker?? and why would it slap and stuff.... if you don't build it to loose then i won't slap though right? thanks

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Alloy block transmitts more noise, forged pistons expand more, so they are looser on start up, less skirt on the piston to clear the rod, and my pistons do not have an offset pin like the stocker's.

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
sooo.... what would you recommend ??? staying with a 4.6

So what does the stroker consist of ?? a 5.4 crank or no ?? or what else ?? I'm looking at forged rods, cast or forged crank , and hybernetic pistons... I think... i don't want it clanking around... pluss i'm not doing anything drastic to it... just a N/A with some nitros maybe a 125 shot. That sould even hold a small amount of boost anyway right?

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
The Livernois kit is an offset ground Cobra crank. I would recomend piston's with an offset pin like stock, to reduce side loading, and just stay away from 2618 alloy. My next pistons will be 5467 or whatever the 5 alloy is called, with the pin offset.

The only issue with Hyper pistons, is that they give you no warning at all when you are near the edge, they just shatter. But they should be good to 450 rwhp-ish anyway.

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
whats wrong with your 2618 alloy?? and i would think that hyper pistons would be on up there... since the limiting 400-450 hp thing was the rods....and long stroke.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
2618 is stronger, but it expands more, so looser cold clearance. Hyper pistons are best for longevity, but one tune screw up, and they won't take it. I have considered a set of Sealed Power coated piistons though.

GaryG

Reaction score
id just do a big bore instead of a stroker, i read a thread on here awhile back that was between a big bore and stroker, that made me decide to go w/ a big bore...id have to try an find it again

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
They take an alloy block and sleeve it for a much larger bore size. They make good power, from what I've seen, not enough to really justify the 3500 price tag for your street guy though.

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
it cost 3500 for just putting a bigger sleave in a block... thats flippen crazy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online