"duck tail" spoiler for our cars

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
No, typical us. We talk about it and never get around to it. I'm in no hurry to mess with body work on my car. I will make a terminator spoiler work. For reals.

98GTnSC

Reaction score
id like to get a 1/4 window scoop like the Super Stallion! lets do that 2! put me down 4 1!!!

birel21y

Reaction score
I think im just going to cut about 1.5 inches off the top of my Saleen T-1 wing. It will have the apprearance of a mix between a S-281 and S-381 wing.

a4cobr.jpg

compared to before:

a4.jpg

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder what a wing that looked like the T-1, but hacked even further down. Like right before it pops up again. If no one gets what I'm saying, I'll do a quick photoshop showing where I'm talking about it.

94Pro-5.0

Reaction score
sleepn_sn95 said:
Here is one that would just be mounted and not molded. What do you want done to the rear?
Cobrapics8-12-07093m-2.jpg

This is what i did with my saleen spoiler. its not done yet so no pictures, but it'll be done by the end of next week. its not easy btw. the spoiler is hollow and when you cut off the area that bolts to the other 2 mounting holes it really changes the structure of the wing. takes a lot of fiberglass work and you have to drill other mounting holes in the trunk lid. i was going to mold the whole spoiler to the trunk lid but decided that it would probably crack over time with the trunk lid being open and shut all the time.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
94Pro-5.0 said:
sleepn_sn95 said:
Here is one that would just be mounted and not molded. What do you want done to the rear?
Cobrapics8-12-07093m-2.jpg

This is what i did with my saleen spoiler. its not done yet so no pictures, but it'll be done by the end of next week. its not easy btw. the spoiler is hollow and when you cut off the area that bolts to the other 2 mounting holes it really changes the structure of the wing. takes a lot of fiberglass work and you have to drill other mounting holes in the trunk lid. i was going to mold the whole spoiler to the trunk lid but decided that it would probably crack over time with the trunk lid being open and shut all the time.

All this talk about all of your work, lets see this thing again already!

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
you're crazy to cut up your T1 spoiler, sell it to someone for a lot of money and just buy the better looking S281 and be done with it.

94Pro-5.0

Reaction score
All this talk about all of your work, lets see this thing again already!

I'll start a new build thread next monday or so. so far only half of the car is in primer. everyhting should be primed by monday, maybe even base coated. i want to wait til then to post pics. I also just got my new rims and tires today.. :icon_rr:

birel21y

Reaction score
OnyxCobra said:
you're crazy to cut up your T1 spoiler, sell it to someone for a lot of money and just buy the better looking S281 and be done with it.

Hmm... I wonder what the T-1's are going for these days...:)

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
birel21y said:
I think im just going to cut about 1.5 inches off the top of my Saleen T-1 wing. It will have the apprearance of a mix between a S-281 and S-381 wing.

a4cobr.jpg

compared to before:

a4.jpg

Your kidding right? Looks way better in the before pic anyway

adrift

Reaction score
Brining up another older thread because I've been wanting a duck tail type spoiler forever on this car practically since I got it. Its probably never going to happen unless its custom... Some of the ideas put together in this thread are interesting, but I'm surprised so many people are so into the sort of flat tail that comes off horizontally from the trunk rather than an almost completely vertical flip. The vertical flip is what its all about in my book, but it can't be obnoxious. Something subtle and a bit stubby would be perfect... Something sorta like this

ducktailrear.jpg

I realize getting something like this for the SN95 is probably unlikely, but we can dream can't we? :p

adrift

Reaction score
It's certainly unique. I sorta like the front end a bit and the quarter window louvers are interesting. Not digging the ducktail on it though. Again, too horizontal for my tastes. Looks like the bill of a baseball cap.

wm23n1

Reaction score
I kinda like it. The hoodpin placement it what kills me!

Ninety8stang

Reaction score
wm23n1 said:
I kinda like it. The hoodpin placement it what kills me!

Haha just about everything on that car is about as rice burner as it gets. Minus the cobras. Everything else has to go.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
ttt....anyone done anything here?

I am. Look up E92 bmw's ducktail style rear decklid. I have a spare decklid I'm about to start shaping. Almost made a thread about it last night but didn't lol