"duck tail" spoiler for our cars

Orange Stang

Reaction score
or we can make it so it is bondoed in or something. Then its flush with the whole trunk lid

auto_x5.0

Reaction score
Yeah, that may work once we get the spoiler(s). The its up to the owner of the car who bought it. Also with this spoiler concept I want it to complete the body line, if you look up^^ in the sig see how it's about 1/4-1/2" above the main body line? I personally dont like that. Nothing against the car(I love the car man, sick car) but the way it looks to me is a little "cheap" may be the word. If Im not making any sense please tell me, lol

Orange Stang

Reaction score
I see what you mean. how the edges dont go with the body, correct?

I think we need something, and I think the SS ducktail is the answer.

auto_x5.0

Reaction score
Exactly, where your spoiler stops is higher than the body line. I guess Im just a little too picky, but whenever I do something I want it to flow like it's supposed to be there. Not saying your spoiler looks outta place, just the Kaenan/Saleen spoiler in general.

auto_x5.0

Reaction score
I would see that, Im pretty sure that's what the SS spoiler is with the addition of the "fangs" and it may be a tad bit longer

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
birel21y said:
DropTopPony said:
birel21y said:

LOL @ the Mexican Laborers making the parts in the pics.

Umm.. OK? That was nice. Anyways... back on track...

How could you not love this?
I think its funny....
fiberprod1.jpg

birel21y

Reaction score
So basicly, a 281 spoiler with sides that come down lower to line up with the body line on the rear q-panels?

auto_x5.0

Reaction score
Basically, maybe a little longer with the fangs that drop down(I personally really like them)

auto_x5.0

Reaction score
I dont have PS or I would have tons of pics, lol, we need somebody with PS abilities in here.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
yeah i like how low/flat the SS spoiler is, but that might be because its molded to the trunk lid. I'm really interested to see how this actually comes out.

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
Not to be the devil's advocate...but I hate threads like this...

No true business venture is going to come about from a bunch of forum guys making suggestions about a wing...its just annoying to hear "I would totally buy it"...because in reality, maybe 5% of these people will actually buy, so be careful in estimating the demand via a mustang forum.

Also, the market for mustang parts is so incredibly saturated that attempting to enter this market selling one wing will never amount to anything. The only way this will get off the ground is if someone develops a prototype design/gather market research/ROI figures, and somehow gets one of the big players like Cervinis/ABCexclusive/etc to hear you out. Those companies are the only ones capable of producing something like this because they have already developed the facilites/distribution channels and have the assets/competencies to bring this type of product to market.

So can we stop getting all exciting about this? Sorry to say it, but you are all going to be disappointed trying to make it happen this way.

Birel21y...you say you work for Kaminari...but you really need to approach this with a good business sense if you want to get anywhere with it.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
that looks nothing like the SS spoiler...

JB thanks for crushing my hopes, always such a downer lol. In all seriousness i WOULD buy one of these spoilers, i've wanted one forever. Also note the amount of people on this forum represent a tiny percent of the Mustang community.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online