Failed my emission inspection with my UPR catted X pipe?

RichV

Reaction score
C470 and Santa Fe, Hanksville Hotrods.

www.hanksvillehotrods.com Talk to Hank, and tell him Rich Vogl referred you. Not the cheapest in town, but go check them out. Cages and exhaust is their specialty.

96gt4.6

Reaction score
i would still call some emissions shops before spending the money. i bet there is someone that will say bring it in we will get er done lol

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Nobodys gonna say they'll do it over the phone.. They don't know if your the emissions police, not trying to be funny.

TanTop94

Reaction score
Lower your car enough so they cant get a mirror under there to see anything?

mavisky

Reaction score
Did it pass the test numerically, but fail the visual inspection or did it actually fail numerically? There's a big big difference as to how to fix the problem depending on the answer.

OP
OP
Darhawk

Darhawk

Reaction score
Then what do I do for a replacement later? BBK or Magnaflow? they both are claiming street legal in 49 states..meaning No California.
I just gotta have my X pipe! Lol!!!

sk1tskat

Reaction score
It takes a little effort but if it helps you pass that's your best bet

RichV

Reaction score
If UPR claims they are 49 state legal, call them. Or email them or something, tell them the situation and they should back their product.

If they can give you a CARB # and you hook up the smog pump, the emissions dude can suck an egg. You're legal in every way. I mean WTF is 'too small' of a converter? Is there a measurement where it needs to be? How do they gauge that? Sounds like some asshat was just jealous of your sweet Snake and wanted to take it out on you.

RichV

Reaction score
A visual inspection is just that. A dude that looks to make sure you have a smog pump, cats, and any visual emissions related things. An engine light on the dash is an automatic fail for example.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Bolt it back in ur self and hook that smog junk up

96gt4.6

Reaction score
Nobodys gonna say they'll do it over the phone.. They don't know if your the emissions police, not trying to be funny.

you would be surprised i have done it several times over the years. that's why I'm suggesting it

RichV

Reaction score
you would be surprised i have done it several times over the years. that's why I'm suggesting it

Are your emission test stations run by the state?

It didn't used to be like that in CO, you could get an emission test at a lot of small shops. But there was a lot of shady stuff going on, so the state took over in the early 90s IIRC.

96gt4.6

Reaction score
Are your emission test stations run by the state?

It didn't used to be like that in CO, you could get an emission test at a lot of small shops. But there was a lot of shady stuff going on, so the state took over in the early 90s IIRC.

no they are ran by independent shops. i didnt realize that, is it state wide my brother in law is in grand junction and i know the state wouldnt pass his stuff.

in that case i would find proof the pipe is street legal and show them that paper and just have the hose welded in

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I don't understand why he can't swap the h pipe himself ? **** my ex gf used to change hers on her 2v gt herself , that makes her more of a man then you [MENTION=16788]Darhawk[/MENTION]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online