Fastest N/A SN95 Vert on the PLANET!!!

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Stevo said:
f**k the vert and motor. Id like to just see how many sn95 guys got a 9 sec car. I know a guy with a ported termy thats been tryin to get to 10;s like forever. LOL. To get a blown car to 10 takes weeks at the track, lots of dyno time, porting out the ass, money out the ass, and driving skill. Ive only seen one clutch car EVER go 10 and that was a GN. Ill be happy with an 11.999 :dancing6: LOL

that's BC termy's are fat pigs.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
verts are like a 100 extra pounds you can shave that off in a rear seat delete whats your weight??

Hellion94

Reaction score
Actually Trubble, a Big tire, Heads Up car with a powerglide, at least one that's competitive, is VERY rare. The most common setup I've seen is a Lenco or a Liberty 5 speed. I could show you literally hundreds of cars that run either one of those trannys, and probably about 5 that run 'glides. In the last 5 years there have been 2 competitive Pro 5.0 cars to use a Powerglide : Joe Morgan and Derrick Smith.

Trav- The difference is this. With an auto, you have a converter, and a shifter cable. This means that A. you can leave of a transbrake, B. You make make the motions for the shift, or engage the next notch on the shifter yourself, but the tranny is still doing the shifting. That' whay it's still an automatic transmission, it's just one with a manual valvebody, meaning it won't shift the gears all by itself. With a clutchless manual, you launch with a clutch, just like you would in a street car, and the shiter is connected to the gears via a mechanical linkage, just like a normal manual. This means when you change the gears, you are actually disengaging and engaging the next gear yourself, no middle man. The other difference is that with a torque converter, there is slippage, meaning that the drivetrain is never 100% engaged, the converter is slipping a small amount all the way down the track. With a manual tranny, the clutch engages 100%, meaning (ideally) no slippage.

You can combine these two types of tranny's though. Bruno makes a kit that mates a Lenco Manual trans with a torque converter, this mean quicker shifts and the durability of a Lenco, plus the consistency of a torque converter. Donny Walsh (NMRA Pro 5.0 racer) has run one of these combos for YEARS.

And trubble, I'm trying to find one that's faster. Like everyone else has said, I know of much faster vert SN's, but none are N/A

Hellion94

Reaction score
Here's proof. This is video from the Street Car Super Nationals, held by the PSCA in Las Vegas last year, out of the 32 cars qualified, there are 4 cars with a Powerglide: Mary Baltzell (Firebird with checkers on the side, Nitrous car), Dave Matson (white '68 Camaro with black stripes), Guiseppe Gentile ('02 Mustang, black with blue flames) and Brian Lane (55 chevy with primer front end) with the highest qualifier being Guiseppe at #18. Everyone else is running some form of manual--Lenco, Liberty, Lenco/Bruno, or something else.

Here are all the videos:

http://www.dragracingtv.com/scsn2006/pro-mod-videos-scsn06-pro-street-qual2.html

http://www.dragracingtv.com/scsn2006/pro-mod-videos-scsn06-pro-street-qual3.html

http://www.dragracingtv.com/scsn2006/pro-mod-videos-scsn06-pro-street-qual3.html

http://www.dragracingtv.com/scsn2006/pro-mod-videos-scsn06-pro-street-elims1.html

http://www.dragracingtv.com/scsn2006/pro-mod-videos-scsn06-pro-street-elims2.html

http://www.dragracingtv.com/scsn2006/pro-mod-videos-scsn06-pro-street-elims3.html

Here are some pictures of fast, Heads Up cars that run 5 speeds:

DSC02577.sized.jpg

Glidden runs one

IMG_8895.sized.jpg

So does Randy Eakins

IMG_9078.sized.jpg

Burt Kelkboom runs an air-shifted 5 speed:

DSC02551.sized.jpg

Chuck Samuels runs a Lenco:

DSC02564.sized.jpg

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Yeah . . I'm deprived. I don't get to too many PSCA races. All I get to see is the Supergas and Supercomp cars, most of which run glides.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
what fun are those cars anyway after ever pass you have to tear them down and crap sounds like the hobby/fun is all gone

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I think going 200mph in 6 seconds makes up for it.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
Paul said:
I think going 200mph in 6 seconds makes up for it.

lol i dont too fast and its over lol 10seconds i feel is fast enough for me ..then it gets to expensive and quits becoming a fun weekend hobby and more like a job...no thanks not my cup of tea

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Remember, for some of these guys - it is their job.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
true...but its not my job just a hobby so i dont need all that

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
^^^I don't know what you are talking about, that slip is completely real. ;)

Hellion94

Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:
Yeah . . I'm deprived. I don't get to too many PSCA races. All I get to see is the Supergas and Supercomp cars, most of which run glides.

Sorry If I came off as a douche there, I was just trying to back up my point with evidence. Most of the cars that are built for consistency will all run auto's. And most cars that don't run on 34x17" slicks will also run autos, even the heads up cars.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I have the fastest Windsor-Swapped, Billet-Smog-Pump-Pulleyed, Naturally Aspirated, SN95 Convertible Streetcar on the planet. :)

Paul.

ripper

Reaction score
Paul said:
I have the fastest Windsor-Swapped, Billet-Smog-Pump-Pulleyed, Naturally Aspirated, SN95 Convertible Streetcar on the planet. :)

Paul.

Yea but do you have halos?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robtalbott