FRPP/SVO Supercharger Dyno Numbers

sneaky98gt

Reaction score
Car made 324 rwhp and 335 rwtq.

The car:
1998 Mustang GT, stock auto 4R70W tranny, stock bottom end, stock NPI heads

Full mods:
FRPP Blower at 7 lbs of non-intercooled boost (by my boost gauge)
PI cams
Offroad Prochamber
2 Chamber Flowmaster catback
Stack Racing 75 mm throttle body
K&N drop in filter with a custom 3 inch intake pipe

Tuned by Fastlane Motorsports in Benson, NC. Anyone in the area, I would HIGHLY recommend them. Very cool guys, and very, very good at what they do. As good a price for a tune as it can get.

I'm happy to answer any questions anyone has.

OP
OP
S

sneaky98gt

Reaction score
mygreengt said:
thats kinda the set up that i want. made some good numbers ;)

Yes yes. I was VERY happy with the numbers. I honestly wasn't expecting to get even 300, so you can imagine how happy I am. This just adds a whole other layer to the "sneaky" in sneaky98gt. :)

shine1stang

Reaction score
nice numbers man!!! Have you thought about a stall for the 4r. The converter usually started to get pissed off at ur hp levels

mikey94gt

Reaction score
Nice man, thats some good power, esp thru a slushbox.

OP
OP
S

sneaky98gt

Reaction score
mygreengt said:
got any pics?

Yea, I've actually got a ton. I'm in the process of making a nice organized write-up about it on another board. When I finish that, I'll post my finished work over here. Hopefully in a day or two.

danielr0bert said:
does it whine ;)

Ooooh yes! Very much so. I'll get a video of it sometime soon.

hottwheels04

Reaction score
thats very good for stock non pip heads and an auto, ive seen a few guys even 1 on here with more mods and 8-10 psi with a manual to not even break into 300rwhp. congrats!

SBSVT

Reaction score
Wow man great numbers. I want that set-up. I wanted a KB, but of course they are stupid and are now loosing tons of money since they quit making the kit for our cars. I like the vortechs and such but im a huge sucker for the whine. Where can I pick up one of those blowers?

rick focks

Post Whore
Reaction score
you'll have to dig around for it... i had one that got stolen out of my sisters garage... be sure it's got all the brackets or it's a major PITA to find everything

OP
OP
S

sneaky98gt

Reaction score
Yea, you can only get it used; Ford hasn't made them in several years now. I do love my setup, though. Nothing beats the roots-style torque.

And yes, unless the person you buy it from gives you all the brackets, you're gonna have to make all of them (4, IIRC). They are not too hard to do given you have some scrap metal, a sawzaw/band saw, vice, a welder, some time, and a lot of patience. From start to finish, everything (new fuel pump, tear down, install, new TB, bracket fabrication, and about 15 trips to Advance Auto getting miscellaneous pieces of hose and clamps, etc) took me 5 FULL days, working 10+ hours a day, and most of that was making the brackets. So unless you have that kind of time and tools/materials to custom make the brackets, I might would think twice about it.

In my write up (which, 6 weeks later, I still haven't edited out like I said I was going to), I have all the extra needed stuff, like vacuum hoses, fuel line hoses, new serpentine belt, etc. I've actually got some free time next couple of days between exams, so I'll try and finish that up and get it posted for everyone's benefit.

SBSVT

Reaction score
My only worry of dropping a blower in my car is that if I'm only hitting between 300-350rwhp, then I don't want people to make fun or anything because with todays cars there are so many that can make those numers stock. I feel like someone is going to talk smack about how "your car is a blown v8 and only makes 350 at the wheels but the new blah blah has that from factory" Whats you guys opinion on this?

bottlefed97

Reaction score
army35m said:
My only worry of dropping a blower in my car is that if I'm only hitting between 300-350rwhp, then I don't want people to make fun or anything because with todays cars there are so many that can make those numers stock. I feel like someone is going to talk smack about how "your car is a blown v8 and only makes 350 at the wheels but the new blah blah has that from factory" Whats you guys opinion on this?

Who cares what other people think? lol

SBSVT

Reaction score
Hey bottlefed, what all is done to your stallion to get it to lay down those 1/4 numbers?

SBSVT

Reaction score
do you think I could make those numbers with PI cams and intake, 90mm MAF, vortech blower, 42lb injectors, 255lph fuel pump,a good tune, and some 3.73s

bottlefed97

Reaction score
army35m said:
do you think I could make those numbers with PI cams and intake, 90mm MAF, vortech blower, 42lb injectors, 255lph fuel pump,a good tune, and some 3.73s

I'm sure you could.

It all depends on your tires and your 60'

OP
OP
S

sneaky98gt

Reaction score
army35m said:

There's not a great deal of cars out there that make 350 on the wheels from the factory, and even fewer that do it that weigh the same or less than our cars do. 350 at the wheels in our cars is good for mid-low 12s with traction and a driver. There are VERY few cars that can do that out of the factory. And almost none that can do it for less than 50k (2011 5.0 is the only one I can think of).

That brings up another point. Dyno numbers are just that: numbers. I went to the track a few weekends ago with the drag strip club here at NC State, which is basically a bunch of import guys. They ragged on me all day about my "power to weight" yatta yatta yatta, and how my "supercharged V8 'only' made 325 hp" where as their fully built, turboed 4 bangers at 20 pounds of boost makes "350", which was bs. They didn't have much to say when I was running 13.2 every time, where as none of them ever broke a 14.0. *rolls eyes*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online