G36 Monkey's 1999 4.3 Stroker. Paint Pics Post 397 :)

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Here is the video. Some might notice a little rattle, I need to get under there and tighten up some exhaust bolts. My jack broke, and my ramps buckled last time I got up on them. Yea, idk. Working on getting a new jack now.

As the video says, RPM's wouldnt go down to 800 where they are supposed to be to get a pretty good lope, so not the full effect but o well.

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
sounds awesome bud, great job on the build... I can't wait til I can build mine

You know I'm always here to help :D

Albino, I haven't heard of it, I'll go to check it out.

Thanks for the input guys :) I love being different. Get a lot of smack talk because I "wasted my money on a little six pack" but whatever. I can deal. ;p

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Still gets the same it got before the build, with like 50 more horse. With long tubes and no cats it will be even better. it's only on 87 octane right now too ;p

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
chris, don't try to be my boyfriend ;p

I missed you buddy :D thanks for the comment!

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
on the 5 woah or you got a 6er ;p

basically the same motor with a couple cylinders lopped off lol. I love them, bullet proof and easy

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i missed you too lover boy.... gunna take me for a ride in that hog? i'm totally stoked for ya! that upper intake looks mean as hell, too.

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ha, it's not much in comparison to yours, or most of these other builds.

I have been in much faster cars. This was mostly a basic rebuild, with some minor changes ;p I was looking for reliable with a little more punch. I got what I was looking for.

And thanks man, i love the intake, I need to clean it some more haha

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
dont be moddest... hot roddin' is hot roddin'... every seen the honda hatch with a corvette motor? do some people frown? yes. should teh owner give a rat's ass? no.

your ride is clean, and you did it yourself... trust me, dropping a different platform into a car isn't easy. You modded your car right. the OEM capatability gave it a nice clean install, your work and effort gives it the credit it needs, and the time and money dropped into it makes it a true hot rod.

I'm honestly jelous that you built a motor and swapped it out in the amount of time its taken me to transplant an un-opened OEM motor into mine... that says something (either you're amazing, or i suck donkey cock... either way, it says something. lol)

when's it gunna hit a dyno/track? im curious to see what it puts down!

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It already hit the dyno, with unimpressive numbers. Though, 140* air intake temp, 30% humidity and over 100* in the shop didn't make for good numbers.

On the run I made 205 horse, the tach wasn't hooked up so it didn't read torque, but on a run where I only made 180 horse I put down 226 torque. I think tuning in better weather on 93 with the long tubes and no cats will help these numbers tremendously.

It's about what a mostly stock v8 puts down right now. O and one day she will have 3.73 in the back and LSD.

Right now focusing on some minor restoration details....hood latch and cable, door light switch things, etc. then suspension, then paint with the new bumpers in my garage. then the rest of the performance stuff.

Thanks for the respect chris :) Maybe we can go on a date just once haha

miss2slocoupe

Reaction score
It already hit the dyno, with unimpressive numbers. Though, 140* air intake temp, 30% humidity and over 100* in the shop didn't make for good numbers.

On the run I made 205 horse, the tach wasn't hooked up so it didn't read torque, but on a run where I only made 180 horse I put down 226 torque. I think tuning in better weather on 93 with the long tubes and no cats will help these numbers tremendously.

It's about what a mostly stock v8 puts down right now. O and one day she will have 3.73 in the back and LSD.

Right now focusing on some minor restoration details....hood latch and cable, door light switch things, etc. then suspension, then paint with the new bumpers in my garage. then the rest of the performance stuff.

Thanks for the respect chris :) Maybe we can go on a date just once haha

those are so pretty good numbers.... that heat will really get to a cars performance, when i dynod my 03 cobra it was 103' and it made 600hp. thats not too bad considering thats pump gas and a AOD, if i had a race gas tune, id pick up 100 more hp

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Lol "thats not bad, I only make three times as much SUCKA!!!"

thanks dear :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads