G36 Monkey's 1999 4.3 Stroker. Paint Pics Post 397 :)

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i love you. (say it back... i need to hear it)

seriously, thats not bad... my 4.6L V8 (bigger dispacement, 2 extra pistons) with:
CAI, FRPP CC shorty headers, bassani catted X, Flowmaster Catback, UD Pulleys, 4.10s + LSD, stage 2 clutch, shifter, aluminum driveshaft, etc. etc. etc blah blah blah.... only put down 194 to the rear wheels.... . . .. so, yea... im just glad you never had the chance to pull up next to me at a stop light with your "unimpressive numbers" just to embarass me in front of my GF. LOL!!

i hear ya about the restoration. after a big project you have to fix everything you broke to get it back to show quality. lol. my fenders got beat up pretty bad on mine, plus the carpet on the inside is pretty dirty now...

anyways, i look forward to cruisin' together! (no homo)

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I love you too ;p

where are you from by the way?

Ha, the main thing that got broken was the dust boot on the shifter, I have now bought 3 from MGW haha.

As far as your numbers you were probably on a much differently calibrated dyno. even still, I don't feel so bad now :)

miss2slocoupe

Reaction score
Lol "thats not bad, I only make three times as much SUCKA!!!"

thanks dear :)

im serious! it isnt! i know cars that have longtubes and the works and make 260hp and that pushing it for them... and who cares about my car :p.... lets just say this.... you have how much in your car, and i have how much??? yeah you come out better :)... i cant wait to see how it all turns out! and what bumpers do you have for it?

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
my motor had no other "bolt ons" to add other than a MAF, TB, Plenum, PI intake manifold, injectors, and a tune. and you're making more power than it did. lol.

and im from denver. the dyno was in Parker Colorado (southern most suburb of Denver) and is the most popular "import" dyno in metro area... so take it for what its worth. lol.

shofter boot? the MGW rubber dust cover? or the OEM rubber dust cover +plate? or the OEM "leather" boot?

mine rubber ones are showing wear and tear... but i just dont give a flying fuuuuuuggg anymore. lol.

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
the normal dust boot, and the OEM one with the ring. I just got a new one of those from the junk yard for a few bucks, and got a new dust boot from MGW without realizing I already had one in the garage, so I just threw that one on. Now i have a spare haha.

The bumpers are stock up front, and the rear is basically a stock GT but it doesn't say mustang. I just wanted slots for pipes, and I don't need to advertise that it's a mustang, our cars are iconic, the looks give them away :)

I still have a good chunk of change in this one, about 8 grand including the cost of the vehicle, and repairs etc. A lot of people say it's not worth it...o well :)

You guys have thoroughly made my night :)

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
8Gs aint bad...

im officially past the point where i should have just bought a terminator with my build. but then again mine will have 500+, not 390.

anyways, including the car, 8Gs isnt bad at all, amigo. my car cost 8 when we got it. lol.

miss2slocoupe

Reaction score
who cares what they say! they are just jealous because they didnt go outside the box and do it first, and because your car is pretty :)... i got so much shit from guys and people putting me down saying "i couldnt have a fast car, ill wreck it" and shit like that, and people saying i dont know what im talking about... people gonna hate... as the saying go HATERS GONNA HATE! lol but im glad we made you happy about this, and you should be :) i would be proud as hell if i was you!

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I love you guys. This really is a very uplifting forum, makes me smile :D

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I was thinking more along the lines of giantschlongsinmymouthforum.com for you chris ;p

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
who cares what they say! they are just jealous because they didnt go outside the box and do it first, and because your car is pretty :)... i got so much shit from guys and people putting me down saying "i couldnt have a fast car, ill wreck it" and shit like that, and people saying i dont know what im talking about... people gonna hate... as the saying go HATERS GONNA HATE! lol but im glad we made you happy about this, and you should be :) i would be proud as hell if i was you!

thanks again sweetie ;p hehe

Chris, you know I know you too well :D

5LiterDoubi

Reaction score
Awesome build man, its got me planning my own now LOL. Prolly wont happen to get started till next year but i cant wait.
Keep the updates comin on how its running, i'll be re-reading your thread several times im sure..

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks man, still running like a top. As with anything having its share of small leaks here and there. Just a matter of tracking and fixing. I think I manaaged to run the piss out of it today with no leaks. So that half of the build might be successful :)

5LiterDoubi

Reaction score
What did your motor build end up costing ? If you dont mind me asking, just the motor its self.

I'm also assuming the 4.2/4.3 runs off a tuned 3.8 ECU. Thats how my 2000 Cougar is with the 3L swap from an 02 Taurus.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Monkey, nice work on the build! The 6 speed must be a nice combo with your motor.
I likey the wheels on there too.

What's next?

and here's a picture to heat things up:

heatsmyballs.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeanfltns01

Members online