girlfriend dislikes the pony

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Well my girlfriend dislikes the stang for acouple reasons. before we got together she said it was 2 loud. I told her I took off some stuff to make it loud (cats). I told her that with that things on it makes the car 2 quiet, but it helps not pollute the air. Also, I told her I had emissions and I had 2 putthe cats back on. Now take this... I told her this stuff before we started going out. Its been in the plan of us to start going 2gether and I shouldn't told her. Well she asked me 2 let her hear the stang with the cats on asap after emissions, but she wasn't my girl so I said forget this and put the cats on 1 hour after emission lol so she never heard it.

Well everytime we drive now she says, "I can smell it.. Why u polluting our air" lol. I have no good answer.

The second reason:

Its not fast, but it throws and pins u back in your seat if I'm half way into the throttle. I never seen someone scared of such a slow car lol. Now I know driving my car verus being drove is a big difference. So I understand her bc when I'm in my friends 03 cobra it scares the heck out me in its stock form.

I let her shift the gears and downshift while I was driving. Hopefully she starts liking the pony. I mean she's gonna always have some hate because I have 2 boo's now. .. The car and her..

So

How did you get your lady to like your car?

How does your girl feel about you being so close 2 your car.

How does your girl feel about running no cats plus smelling likle crap at red lights.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
if my woman wasnt into mustangs she wouldn't be my woman end of case!

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
All the girls Im friends with are in love with it. Too bad they are bitches and not GF type girls. And like Trav said, if my gf doesnt like my Mustang, she will only be a friend

McGarrh

Reaction score
My wife did not like the fact that there was not much head support when going through gears so that is one reason I bought some corbeau seats. Work with her, if she does not work with you back then that is her problem.

caseypayne69

Reaction score
My wife hates the sound, and how jerky gearing is and the ride at times.

I usually just drive alot softer when she's in the car.

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
my girlfriend liked mustangs before i even knew her. her dad used to own a 2001 stage 1 roush, and now he owns a
slightly modded 01 gt. she likes the 99-04 bodies better than mine, but she still likes it because its a mustang. if your
girl doesn't like your car, screw it, your probably not crazy about some of her hobbies, and, yes, although there are
some girls who like cars like we do (ashley force "john forces daughter" is SOO HOTT!) i wouldnt expect to find a girl that
is turning wrenches as much as you are. tell her if she doesnt the smell/sound, she can walk. haha O0

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
my girlfriend loves my car.. and most of the girls do.. saying its a sexy mustang 8) it's a hotrod after all.. and i told my current that "Saturdays are my days, i don't care, i'm working on my car, otherwise sundays we can go do mindless bull".. she took it well :D

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
most chicks love it, might complain its too loud, some get scared at how 'fast' it is eventhough im driving slow, its just the exhaust that makes it seem fast i think lol?

Passenger

Reaction score
My girl loves the car itself, but dislikes all the normal suspension popping, cracking, and squeeking most Mustangs do.

Peter

Reaction score
instead of letting her downshift and shift while you drive get her to play with the other stick....

but seriously

most chicks have liked my car from the get go and its never really been a problem except when I had no tail pipes and you couldn't have a conversation while driving (not that I cared :p ). But thats just been my experiences.

With your gf not liking you polluting the air, do you like her enough to sacrifice some power/sound and throw the cats back in? Sounds like that would solve a few of your problems. Also talking to her about the car or trying to teach her about it might help a bit?

If none of that works there are plenty of fish in the sea :D

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Bitches love my car. A freshly waxed Lazer red coupe gets Muscho attention...and mine is ALWAYS clean..rarely dirty.

when girls drive in my car i MAKE SURE they dont slam my doors...if they do..i say "Fuck you bitch dont slam my doors". Girls always say my car is loud but they like it...they thinks its sexy.

...I once took a girl out to a movie...when i picked her up she slammed my door and i said "Be Carefull"....When we got to the movies...she opened my door on another car.....She did not have a ride home after that :gtfo:

Mr. OAM

Reaction score
If this is an indication that if she doesn't like your passions you will have to change then you need to change girl friends.

If she evaluates the way she feels and cares about you based on her preferences in your car.............hear how shallow that sounds???

Steve

S

scarface

My wife likes my car, she doesnt care too much for the exhaust smell, but she would never tell me to change anything I didnt like on it. She knew I was into fast cars when we met, as I knew she was into shopping. If she doesnt want to smell it, she doesnt ride in it.

95-stang

Reaction score
My wife wont drive it as its left hand drive, and its auto. She likes going out in it, and as she knows it makes me happy she puts up with it. :)

95Boss

Reaction score
When I started dating my wife, I had a '67 Mustang that was loud as hell. Her parents hated it. It was funny to me. Now, 35 years later, I still have a loud Mustang. My wife loves it. She does hate the stiff ride and when I nail the throttle, she gets pissed when her seat belt locks her in when I hit 2nd. Again, I find that amusing. BTW, why do you get exhaust smell in your car? My cats are history and I don't have that problem.

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
DTB!!

Seriously . . . this isn't an issue about the car. This is an issue about the girl being a control freak and testing you to see how far she can push it. Looks like she's able to push it pretty far.

Get out while you can. It will get worse. MUCH worse.

scott5

Reaction score
1. my girlfriend loves my car. When i sold my red 95 she got PI$$ED off at me beyond the point of talking to me for two days but i showed up and surprised her in this new one and she says she likes it even more.
2. She would rather me be close to my car than to other girls because when im not with her i am working on the car. The only rule is what i spend on the car i spend on her so its all goods in the woods.
3. My car does not smell at a stop light and she thinks my car is too quiet sometimes.

i know i am lucky