Gonna pull the trigger on rear suspension

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
He’s probably talking about the torque arm that goes forward to the trans area. I can definitely see how the exhaust would get in the way of that.
Yep, that’s it. Sorry, get a little flustered when I’m upset…

Oh, but there’s a light: if he’s on to the TA, then at least the PB is on cuz it’s gotta go in first. So that’s SOMETHING to get excited about!! (grasping at straws here, I know…)!

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Yep, that’s it. Sorry, get a little flustered when I’m upset…
I understand completely, and the setbacks totally suck. At our shop, if I’m doing something that’s supposed to be easy, I’ll generally have a days worth of set backs. It just happens and all we can do is apologize to the customer.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Fortunately, my guy at the shop is a straight shooter and has been for his 21 years in business. That’s probably why he’s still in business especially in such a niche market in the relatively small area I live in. But… if you’re good, word of mouth keeps you going strong and he has no shortage of business (I had to book 6 weeks out). So, I’m definitely not mad at him at all. Like I say,I just get anxious and antsy cuz the anticipation kills me and I get so so excited!!

Tillerman77

Reaction score
Fortunately, my guy at the shop is a straight shooter and has been for his 21 years in business. That’s probably why he’s still in business especially in such a niche market in the relatively small area I live in. But… if you’re good, word of mouth keeps you going strong and he has no shortage of business (I had to book 6 weeks out). So, I’m definitely not mad at him at all. Like I say,I just get anxious and antsy cuz the anticipation kills me and I get so so excited!!
It will be worth the wait! Post up some photos to see the hardware when it is on the lift.

Snorky

Reaction score
Yeah the bassani X pipe requires modifications for the MM tq arm. And most catbacks wont clear the panhard bar either. So both thr mid pipe and catback isually require a little bit of influence

Reaction score
IMO why spend all that money on the parts and the labor and not go to the strip? Just use a decent rear tire and not a super aggressive tire. With those mods, it should do really well. Shore you will not put up the best time but your MPH will give you an idea of the time it can run. Don't think I'm roasting you bro cause I'm not. I'm just a drag racer at heart and think everyone should try it no matter what you drive. Definitely an adrenaline rush.

Snorky

Reaction score
People drag race with torque arms.. look at the catfish camaro. They have one from the factory

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Not much longer now. Totally worth it. Sit tight.
they noticed the front suspension parts I had in the trunk and offered to throw them in as well. Shootin for Wednesday. He actually called me back Saturday morning. they were in there working on it on a day off. How cool is that??

Last edited:
OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
IMO why spend all that money on the parts and the labor and not go to the strip? Just use a decent rear tire and not a super aggressive tire. With those mods, it should do really well. Shore you will not put up the best time but your MPH will give you an idea of the time it can run. Don't think I'm roasting you bro cause I'm not. I'm just a drag racer at heart and think everyone should try it no matter what you drive. Definitely an adrenaline rush.
I do have 2 fresh sets of Nitto 555 Drag Radials in my workshop (305/45x17).
so who knows, maybe someday I'll go make an ass out of myself and see what she's got in the quarter.

But I know if I do that, I'll just want to see how pathetic I do on a track. And it just gets uglier from there.... trust me! ROFLMFAO

Last edited:

Snorky

Reaction score
I do have 2 fresh sets of Nitto 555 Drag Radials in my workshop (315/35x17).
so who knows, maybe someday I'll go make an ass out of myself and see what she's got in the quarter.
Trap speed is wwhat dictates the power of the car. ET can come down to suspension setup, and driver. Nothing wrong with "making an ass out of yourself". If you do it means you are learning.

Reaction score
Bro we all make an ass out of ourselves the first few times down that 1320. Lord knows I did and if someone tells you different they are a MFn lier. Get yourself a dragy find a good road and start practicing launching the car with the Nittos and just run the 1/8 mile. The faster the 1/8 and 60 foot you will know you are getting better.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Just go up on a street night, and have a good time. There should be very few spectators.
I like the sound of that! The fewer the better that way I can deny I was ever there and my painfully poor performance! BTW, do you only get one pass? Or is it pay/pass?

Snorky

Reaction score
I like the sound of that! The fewer the better that way I can deny I was ever there and my painfully poor performance! BTW, do you only get one pass? Or is it pay/pass?
It depends on the strip. My local drag strip "Island" you can literally hot lap the car all night long. Where as englishtown you would only get 3 runs. Granted you always ran faster at englishtown since island didnt know what track prep was.. it was still more enjoyable going to the sketchy one with the weeds growing through the staging lanes and the wavy track.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Bro we all make an ass out of ourselves the first few times down that 1320. Lord knows I did and if someone tells you different they are a MFn lier. Get yourself a dragy find a good road and start practicing launching the car with the Nittos and just run the 1/8 mile. The faster the 1/8 and 60 foot you will know you are getting better.
Thank you! That eases my anxiety tremendously actually because I live in orchard country and my mailbox is 1/10th mile away. It's a slight downhill, but if I start downhill and run it uphill (and tell my neighbor first; she'll be cool with it if I do)... maybe I can get that launch and a shift or two dialed in. Have to get her BF in on it since he's building a stock '74 Corvette.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online