GT VS V6

1slosn95

Reaction score
4.3...sorry but i have seen the 4.4 somewhere but i forgot...it was in a an MMandFF

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
See the odd thing is around here, i rarely see a V8 SN95. Most are V6's and the majority of 8's I see are the new mustangs. :dunno: Its just that I wish someone around here would mod a 6er cause i think its cool.

1slosn95

Reaction score
Tom Morana offers a 4.4 stroker kit...took me forever to find it

v6mustang94

Reaction score
Hmm... I wonder if I could become the first ever 4.4 m90... :hammer:

Naw, I think I'll just go with a 4.2. I might have to read up on the 4.4 though and see what's all about. Might be worth it.

How funny would it be if they could make a 4.6 V6.

"Hey nice car, what motor you got under the hood?"

"4.6"

"V8, nice!"

"No, it's a six."

:hammer:

2REDSTANGS

Reaction score
v6mustang94 said:
engineman312 said:
stroke it to a 4.2L that'll be sick.

That's the plan. :thumbup: I just need to get another quote from the shop. They're an hour away and I just haven't felt up to the drive at all this winter. I previously got a quote last fall but that was with keeping it a 3.8 and that was about $3200. We added a lot of extra things onto the list that I could do if I wanted to. So I want to go back with my new plan (the 4.2) and get a quote without the unnecessary stuff. Just the things I want to do for sure and get the final number.
What shop are talking about, just wondering cause i am from MN too, i have been to both high tech motor sports and high performance art

v6mustang94

Reaction score
HiTech is the only one I've actually checked out. Was thinking about going to MAP. Where is High Performance Art? I haven't heard of them before.

2REDSTANGS

Reaction score
v6mustang94 said:
HiTech is the only one I've actually checked out. Was thinking about going to MAP. Where is High Performance Art? I haven't heard of them before.
sorry its hi performance art www.hiperformanceart.com they are in blaine i have had work done at both hi tech motorsport and they both did a good job but hi tech is bigger and more "state of the art" they had some pretty crazy cars at both places though.

2REDSTANGS

Reaction score
v6mustang94 said:
Who do you think has better prices?
well i just found out that hi performance art went out of bussiness. Its still a shop though and they have the same phine number as found on hiperformanceart.com I think its called speed shop specilties i have not been there since the change so i have no idea where the best prices would be. I plan on checking the new place out though :thumb:

v6mustang94

Reaction score
I wonder if their online quotes still work...

I'll have to make the trip to HiTech soon and get a quote. Then I'll use the quote they give me and see what kind of quote I'll get from HPA/SSS.

Thanks for the info :thumb:

v6mustang94

Reaction score
SSS only does V8 motors.

They guy replied back to me saying

"I am sorry we only build V8 engines. If you would like to convert to a

281 we would be happy to help you." :rollinglaugh:

That made me laugh because when I went to HiTech and told them I wanted a 4.2 they guy looks at me and says "We could put in a 4.6 for you."

Anyways, looks like I'll be going to HiTech. I'll be paying around 3k for my block work. Expensive but it will be worth it performance and reliability wise. And it sounds like it comes with a warranty.

2REDSTANGS

Reaction score
cool ha they are pretty pushy with the V8 thing i guess.
yea the guy at HiTech Bart rips on me for having a Ford he is a GM guy
but the tuner, Kasey i think is his name is pretty good

v6mustang94

Reaction score
I like HiTech. They're a bunch of pretty cool guys. They joke around and make fun of each other. It's great.

They haven't really given me shit for the sixer either. Then again, they want my money, so they probably won't to say something too stupid, lol

2REDSTANGS

Reaction score
i know its a cool place there are so many people working there
they let me snoop around while they work on my car too which is always interesting and when there is a car on the dyno after the runs you can usally see the employees put down there work and check out the numbers kinda cool that they have that much of an interest in what people are making for power

v6mustang94

Reaction score
Yeah, they don't really seem to care where you wander around to, lol

Have you been there since they added the "Observation" room for the dyno? It's a room on the side of the dyno. There's stools and a "bar" table behind like plexiglass windows. Then they have monitors up that you can watch that show the speedo/tach and stuff while they do the run and then it displays the dyno graph. It's pretty awesome.

The time I was there before this one to get a quote one of the guys gave me a tour while another looked up parts. Showed me all the machining equipment up close and explained it a bit. Pretty cool stuff.

2REDSTANGS

Reaction score
yep i got to watch both my cars run from that room
also they have a webcam in there so i was able to check out the numbers in class and with each run getting better really annoy my classmates by cheering it on and enthusisastic yessssss es ahhaha cool place for sure

v6mustang94

Reaction score
Yeah I like watching those cams... when something is actually on the dyno.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online