Guess dyno numbers! Turbo 2v!

ProchargedGT

Reaction score
Well since I pulled the trigger on the turbo setup.. I believe im going to look into some #s...
Mod list
On 3 Turbo kit, 76mm Master power turbo
bbk 75mm throttlebody/plenum combo
60lb Injectors
Aeromotive Stealth 340LPH pump
Vic jr EFI
Stage 2 Ported Stock P.I. heads.
Comp cams .650 lift beehive springs
Crower stage 3 turbo cams.. .612/.612
Probe -18cc Dished Forged Pistons
Probe Forged H-Beam Rods
04 Cobra Crank
FTI C4 (1100hp rated)
FTI Turbo convertor (3800-4100 stall)
4.30 Gear
345/40/17 DRs.
Going to go from 10, to 14, then to 16 on race tune, 10 on driver tune. and 14 on mild. (lbs of boost)
I'd like to see some guestimates on what it will make on 10lb 14lb and 16bs of boost.
What do you all think?? Outta be a bad ass street car

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Correct me if im wrong but wouldnt you be topping out before 100 mph with 4.30 gears and that loose of a converter? lol

Your using a non lockup converter right?

Ill say you dont make over 400-450 rwhp because your 39 lb injectors will max out before you make any more power lol

OP
OP
P

ProchargedGT

Reaction score
If they max they max, And I have 3 different gear sets I can change to so im not worried about running out of gear.. 3.27s, 3.73s, and 4.30s

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
If they max they max, And I have 3 different gear sets I can change to so im not worried about running out of gear.. 3.27s, 3.73s, and 4.30s

Gotcha, your gonna need those 3.27s in there, you may even need to go lower depending on how much slippage you get with that converter. Turbos need load. 4.30s are the worst possible gear for a turbo car lol.

And 100% your gonna max out this injectors with that setup bro....you might as well upgrade to 60 or 80 lbers now.

Its really hard to guess power since your running a non locking converter and nobody knows the slippage you will see but with enough fuel and that setup I would say Ganzey is pretty much right on the money

KidK9

Reaction score
We should be guessing the date you actually get that thing on a dyno. From what I've heard, and read about Justin's car, it'll be late September at best IMO.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
If I get a lot of slippage what converter should I go with for a c4.

Well your running a non lock up converter, your going to have slippage....the higher the stall, the looser the converter, the more slippage you will see top end.
Turbo converters are hard to build right but I was just assuming that with a 4000 stall your going to see a good bit of slippage top end I would think.

It really depends on what you wanna do...I mean if you plan on running a trans break with this car theres not much use for a converter with that high of a stall when you could spool that turbo with a 3000 stall on a trans brake.

Either way, the slippage is normal but you have to figure if you see 20% slippage top end you will need 20% more gear to see the same MPH.

We should be guessing the date you actually get that thing on a dyno. From what I've heard, and read about Justin's car, it'll be late September at best IMO.

Lol, yea...do you hve any parts yet? Cause this car wont be done till next year haha.

Even if you have the parts, turbo setups are complicated, re building a car like that is complicated so you are bound to run into issues somewhere.

Do yourself a favor and order some racepartsolutions v band clamps for that kit.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Also, what are your goals with this car.

what you just posted your really going to be seeing power way up in the power range.

I just went through this entire swap and im putting stock cams in the thing, kinda wish I had the stock intake on it.

For a street car you will lost massive mid range power and torque with that larger turbo, those big ass cams, and that intake.

The only reason that would work well is because you have a non locking converter and your RPMS are almost always gonna be way up above 5k.

OP
OP
P

ProchargedGT

Reaction score
I'll probably just use the trans brake I got.
I'm looking for 700whp or enough to bust some lsx ass Lol! Prefered fast enough to bust a 408 on a 100 shot..

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Just a little info, Car made 379rwhp @ 4500 rpm and 8lb of boost with pump maxed. It would of made every bit of 430-450rwhp on 12-14lbs of boost on my old setup.

And your old setup didn't have a non locking converter lol. Were you auto before?

95opal

Reaction score
Not much with those little injectors.

Marvin97

Reaction score
You maxed the 340lph pump and didn't break 400rwhp? Who is tuning this car? what kind of dyno?

OP
OP
P

ProchargedGT

Reaction score
I maxed the stock pump. I havent been back with the 340. It had a lockup 5 speed in it.. (kidding) It had a T45 in it, I already bought some 60lbers to put on it. I also bought a fox to daily.

Lee blankenship is tuning my car, he uses a mustang dyno.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online