guy pushes 800hp with a turbo stock bottom end stock 302

NXcoupe

Reaction score
Very cool. It's amazing what those stock 5.0's will hold up to. My stock block is holding up to 600 hp but I would never try that kind of power on the two bolt mains. I've already split a block, no need to do another. lol.

LAFENATU

Reaction score
Sorry but in my opinion that guy is an idiot.

I would NEVER use a stock block with intentions to make 800HP. That's straight russian roulette..

NXCoupe if you believe in karma don't scroll down..here are pics of a stock shortblock that was pushing just under 600 RWHP. I have posted these pics before.

WHAMMMMMOOOOOHH!!!! Done...fox shortblock.

splitblockpics017.jpg

splitblockpics016.jpg

splitblockpics009.jpg

splitblockpics005.jpg

splitblockpics003.jpg

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
800 hp on a stock 5.0 block is impossible. The internetz tolds me so. As soon as the motor makes even 1 hp over 500 to the tires, it will asplode in a supernova type fashion. If you want big stock block power, you has to haves a modular.

G

GREG@SN95

yeah... stock 302/289 based small block will split over 500hp... you can make well over that I'm sure, but its just a matter of time before your block looks like Lafenatu's... ha ha...

5.0kid

Reaction score
Paul said:
800 hp on a stock 5.0 block is impossible. The internetz tolds me so. As soon as the motor makes even 1 hp over 500 to the tires, it will asplode in a supernova type fashion. If you want big stock block power, you has to haves a modular.

lol

thats insane! i wonder how long it really will last...

mikey94gt

Reaction score
The block in the pics above is downright impressive. I bet the only thing holding it together was the heads/intake, eh?

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Paul said:
]

i lol'd

mod motors self destruct once they hit 401 rwhp I hear

Mustangmaster77

Reaction score
Paul said:
LMAO that's going in the sig :laugh:

94kingcbra

Reaction score
Ya the rods are the weak link. I just had a Ford assembled boss 302 block come back with a rod snapped in half. The rods were heat pressed, not bushed. It had a vortech pushing 15 pounds, and a 150 bump of nitrous. Before nitrous it was making 464 to the wheels on our mustang dyno. I don't see how he is doing that, and I don't understand why he would. Especially since he already had the engine out. To me that seems like alot of wasted work and time. You should do it right the first time. Right?

94svtturbo

Reaction score
The stock 302 block will split at over 500rwhp? I building my cobra into a turbo car. Got the turbo on just waiting on more money for a clutch, fuel system, and chip now. Just wanted to know what a safe rwhp will be before the motor grenades itself?

sbr420a

Reaction score
just tune it man just tune it and you should be safe

94svtturbo

Reaction score
yeah. A buddy of my has his own performance shop. He will be the one doing the initial tune on my car. i made a thread a while back about a car he built. it was a 5.0 "Cammer" motor with twin turbos. Pushed 1150 RWHP at 28 PSI. So he should get me set up pretty good. I would like to shoot for 400-450 RWHP

NXcoupe

Reaction score
Actually, mine is fine in my vert, one it is all forged steel internals and I did the balancing, so I know it's perfect because I have the hours in it to get it that way, lol. For two, I am running E85 which is an alcohol mixed with small amount of gasoline, to come out to a 110 octane fuel or higher, depending the blend, which means that detonation is next to non existant with the intercooler and a/f ratio. I purposefully tried to get it to detontate under load on the dyno, and it wouldn't. It just stopped making more power, so I backed it down to a sane setting and it is a very safe 600 rwhp. Third, I used a girdle, studs, and it is a blower not nitrous. When I split my block in two, all I needed to do was have the crank polished/turned because of the resulting oil starvation when the oil pump cracked from the block moving around. the block was held together by the scattershield. I was running nitrous, and had just gotten a motorsport epec, and was one of the first 100 produced, no one knew how to work it so I said I would be the guinea pig. I entered in all the nitrous settings and did everything the 'manual' aka garbage afterthought some tecky thought Oh shit, I need a manual for this thing, said to do and viola! first pass down the track, it kind of fell on it's face and started making noise and smoking, and I had already let off of it. We had to tow it back, then PUSH it up onto the trailer. This was my first year with my red coupe, way back in 98. I later learned that the epec nitrous tables are a joke, even einstein and a TV repairman would have trouble wiring this crap up and then that's the easy part, the push this button, then push this button oh and if you screw up the order, you have to start over again or it won't work bull crap. I did it differently. BUT ANYWAY, back to the main point, I sprayed a 250 shot on 32 degrees of timing on 12.5 cr 302. didn't like it I guess. So I drove all the way down to Alabama to Bennett's shop, as he was the only one in the USA that had one of the new R blocks and then it was all uphill from there! Sorry in advance for the long post and jigsaw puzzle of story line, lol.

LAFENATU

Reaction score
That block was also concreted...all the 1/4 passes are letting off before the finish. They need to see if it would make it down a full 1/4 in one piece. The key to stock block longevity is tune and low rpms.

G

GREG@SN95

94svtturbo said:
yeah. A buddy of my has his own performance shop. He will be the one doing the initial tune on my car. i made a thread a while back about a car he built. it was a 5.0 "Cammer" motor with twin turbos. Pushed 1150 RWHP at 28 PSI. So he should get me set up pretty good. I would like to shoot for 400-450 RWHP

Yeah... I kinda doubt that's true... I think he's full of bologna.. no way a 302 made that much power...

fastgtfairlane

Reaction score
why cant a 5.0 make that much power? ive seen 4cyls make 800+ and i know of a supra with an inline 6 making 1100 to the tires. all were turboed as well. why isnt it possible?

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Yall can all eat it. I told you about this guy here doing that, and you said he was full of shit. (Paul). lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srchop16

Members online