Handz Detailed: 2002 Corvette Z06 Black

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I was really excited to detail this car. This is my first time working with Fiberglass and my First Corvette!!!

This Owner contacted me Via Local Car forum. Has needed alot of TLC. Car had DEEP swirl. I gave this car my all and it REALLY tired me out. The car had BAD waterspots and had some damaged clear.

The Car actually ended up being my First Rotary Job!!!

Wheels:
- CG Jetseal 109
- Mequires Deep Crystal
- Eagle 1 Tire Shine
- Adam's Invisible Undercarriage

Underhood:
- Simple Green
- SmartWax NuShine

Interior:
- Scotch Guard
- Adam's VRT
- Invisible Glass
- Xymol TREAT Leather Conditioner

Wash:
- Adam's Shampoo (For Wheels)
- CG Citrus Wash+Gloss
- ShMITT

Clay:
- CG Medium Claybar
- CG Luber

Paint Correction:
- CG Scratch & Swirl B-Gone w/ Orange Lake Country CSS Pad
- CG Pro Polish w/ Hex-Logic White Pad
- CG DEEP REFLECTIONS XP- 1 w/ Blue Hex-Logic Pad

Protection:
- Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant w/ Red Lake Country CCS Pad
- CG Pete's 53' applied Hand

Metal:
- Master's Formula Metal Polish
- Master's Formula Sealant
- Meguires Deep Crystal

Plastic Trim
- 303 Aerospace Protectant
- SmartWax NuShine

Looks OK when it arrived huh.....lol

IMG_1650Small.jpg

IMG_1652Small.jpg

IMG_1655Small.jpg

IMG_1666Small.jpg

IMG_1675Small.jpg

IMG_1698Small.jpg

IMG_1703Small.jpg

IMG_1704Small.jpg

IMG_1712Small.jpg

IMG_1716Small.jpg

IMG_1718Small.jpg

IMG_1720Small.jpg

IMG_1730Small.jpg

IMG_1707Small.jpg

dutch

Reaction score
that is one bad ass corvette! good job man

OP
OP
S

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
This Vette was Modded Hard. It was a PITA to drive in & Out of the garage. It had AFR Heads, Custom Comp Cam, Long Tubes, X-pipe, and bassani Catback. Thing sounded Mean as f**k!!!

ARdoller

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
how did you get the swirls out? i have swirls in my black paint, and its bugging the hell out of me because i cant figure out how to get them out. ive tried every combination of polisher pads both wool and foam, with all sorts of compounds, including swirl and scratch removers, and they still wont come out.

OP
OP
S

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ARdoller said:
how did you get the swirls out? i have swirls in my black paint, and its bugging the hell out of me because i cant figure out how to get them out. ive tried every combination of polisher pads both wool and foam, with all sorts of compounds, including swirl and scratch removers, and they still wont come out.

I guess it needs a Pro's touch lol

ARdoller

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
although i havnt let him do it yet due to time conflictions, my buddy is a detail manager at one of the local dealerships (i dont know how reputable you consider that to be), but he gave me a good crash course of working a polisher and getting the desired results, but these swirls are not going anywhere. same with the scratches i have on my roof. none of them are catching on my fingernail, but they refuse to come out. its almost like the car was resprayed with clear coat, and all the swirls and scratches are stuck underneath!

kintek

Reaction score
Great detailing job, that looks equal to a couple guys at the detail shop at the car dealership I worked at a couple months back. I think I may stop in there sometime and detail my stangs and prolly my friends neon that works there still.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
ARdoller said:

What are you using?

the shitty stuff they use at dealerships?

You need to try and go through a system...use a rougher polish and a wool pad if its that bad, then go over it was lighter foam pads and lighter polish.

Not trying to be a ****, but like handz says, it sounds like you dont know what your doing if you cant get swirls out, or atleast to the point where it looks a lot better.

Most of the work is using the right polish and right pads.

Some paint is just a bitch and needs a heavy polish and wool pad to get anywhere.

C-Tidda

Reaction score
Definetly a professional detailing..... Diggin tha champion socks, LOL!

BruhBrahBrad

Reaction score
Handz I love your work man! If I ever get lost in Teh Oc, I'll have u detail my car! Now I just need to get a paintjob.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter