heating up and squishing the springs...

dannys95gt

Reaction score
this guy at the muffler shop i went to the other day said he could lower the car and by heating up the springs and squishing them. Those werent the exact words he used but that was how he explained it to me. Is this like a seriously bad thing to do? Can it damage anything? I kinda wanna do it cause he said he could only charge me 30 bucks.

94 DropTop

Reaction score
very bad. if you want a little bit lower have him cut a coil on each spring, this isnt the best idea either though.. Sounds like your muffler guy likes afro engineering.

94 DropTop

Reaction score
well first off i doubt he could get it even second you loose the intire integraty of the springs and a month down the road one end of the car could be 2in lower than another, it will ride like crap, and he doesnt sound like much of a mech to me.

GDTrumbo

Reaction score
dannys95gt said:
whats the cheapest way to get my beast lowered then?

Start by doing some research/homework on doing this. You'll need to get some CC plates or you will be buying a lot of tires. A drop is way more than just installing springs.

GT

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
cheapest way would be to cut a coil but springs are so cheap you might as well buy a set

GDTrumbo

Reaction score
94 DropTop said:
^^^^^ depends on how low he goes.

Yea. That's true. I want the plates just for dialing in more caster to fight of the trammeling effect. They are a very good addition even without lowering the car.

GT

BruhBrahBrad

Reaction score
I wouldnt mess with anything that says
* Brand New JDM Lowering Springs
* Improve your ride by using sport springs to lower the center of gravity
* Enhance cornering & handling and give your car an aggressive look
* Comes with 4 Lowering spring in a blue color
* Professional installation highly recommended
* Color: Red

BigTang

Reaction score
i ordered a set of lowering springs from AIM which also calls themselves SpringMax, shockmax, dropmax, etc.
i put these on the front of a truck, 2" drop springs, a week later the truck sat 3" lower and was nearly unsafe to drive it cheap material.
don't 1/2 ass suspension parts, at the very worst just cut the stock springs, ITS FREE. take out the isolators, thats good for 1/2".
get on corral, i bought a Prokit for $80 shipped a while back, they looked brand new when i got them. I just sold a set of steeda lowering springs for $100. good deals are out there on good parts. you could even pick up some 4 banger springs and lower the car that way, it won't handle like a slot car but it will be lower.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stillridin

Members online

No members online now.