Hood Insulator - Keep it off?

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
I've heard the whole blanketing a fire thing but I'm not sure I believe it. My R hood doesn't have one and if you were going to prevent a fire on something I'd expect the R to have one. Also I really can't see the heat from the engine making the paint bubble, automotive paint is pretty tough.
But you have to remember having a hood blanket match the R hood would have been more work. and they were trying to save as much weight in a lot of places.

I have never heard the blanket is there to keep the engine warmer. But I have heard it is supposed to help smother a fire. But alas. If there is an engine fire, big enough to melt all those pins for it to fall.. You are already way past the point of trying to smother it and you are F***ed!

So take it off..

They looks like garbage most of the time anyway

joekd

Reaction score
I didn't even bother body color matching under the hood, this is my oo, did it with silver then added the color matched decal (pic taken before adding hood struts, man I hate the looks of the prop rod)

stang_show1.jpg

This is my 96 done with satin black (old pic but all I could showing the hood underside

P1020792.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UnknownArmy

Members online