How to open a can of 2v whoop ass, or, why J.R. is a jerk

OP
OP
J

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yep, people aren't getting it, the specific's of his car are posted in separate thread.

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
J.R. said:
Yep, people aren't getting it, the specific's of his car are posted in separate thread.

Yup. Just posted there. It's more than possible to make a 230rwhp Mustang outrun a more powerful car. As long as it's taking advantage of what it has.

OP
OP
J

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Driver and suspension go far, I barely hit 11.89 in my car last fall, with 500 hp. Just wasn't set up for it, and I didn't care, it was still fast enough to shock some people at red lights and through the canyons out there.

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
J.R. said:
Driver and suspension go far, I barely hit 11.89 in my car last fall, with 500 hp. Just wasn't set up for it, and I didn't care, it was still fast enough to shock some people at red lights and through the canyons out there.

:santa_grin: It's that age old myth that people still believe: "It's all about HP" .......

(gears are absolute proof that it's not all about HP)

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
I need some sticky tires to get some good runs in.

Your npi might also run out of steam up top...what mph are you running the 1/8th?

What have you done to prepare your car?

basically i've been dialing it in and getting the car to transfer correctly, which it does very well now. Between dialing it in, and just having good moving suspension, it's well prepared for most things right now.

J.R. said:

basically thats all im saying. A car with 300 hp can be a 500hp car if the driver of the 300 hp driver can outdrive the other fella. It's all about wether or not it transfers and is efficient off the line, not just a whole lot of popping wheelies or crazy suspension travel.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
what you guys are saying is all true...but some people dont want thier car to be set up for drag racing..Like me..

My stang is my daily driver and I want it to be fast, fun, handle well, and look good.

I like to go to the strip every now and again, but my car is not setup for it at all.

a car with 230 hp is still not faster than the same 300hp car it just beat at the strip.

The races at the strip are won or lost in the first 60 feet.

For example
If Im driving down the road at 55 mph and slam it in a 300hp car vs a 230 hp car, the 300 hp car will put me back in the seat a lot more.

Yes, the 230 hp car runs the 1/4 mile in a faster e.t. but technicallythe 300 hp car is faster since it trapped 6 mph more.

Basically,
I would rather have more power and be able to go fast all over than just being able to launch real hard off the line.

nesqwick_05

Reaction score
AaRoN said:
J.R. said:

Yup. Just posted there. It's more than possible to make a 230rwhp Mustang outrun a more powerful car. As long as it's taking advantage of what it has.

not my car :santa_afro:. id put money on it that there isnt a bolton sn95 mustang out there that will out run my formula lol. my car weighs 3150lbs(3310 with me in it) and im 100% positive it puts down atleast 290rwhp and an excessive amount of torque.

and i dont know 1 person out there, that will mod their mustang with out intending on going fast in the future, srt_handz was the closest i seen, and last i saw he was in the market for an s/c...

voidfinger

Reaction score
J.R. said:

link? i'd like to look them over. but one question... doesn't the stock npi only make like 160's 170's threw and auto?

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
J.R. said:

link? i'd like to look them over. but one question... doesn't the stock npi only make like 160's 170's threw and auto?

More like 180, the 5 speeds like 185-190....then again, it depends on the dyno.

voidfinger

Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
voidfinger said:
J.R. said:

More like 180, the 5 speeds like 185-190....then again, it depends on the dyno.

hmmm thats funny, mine brand new did like 170 stock. It was with good compression and everything stock. Still outrun all the other 98 gt's even with 5 speeds. So i think that number is a little high, but no big deal. with all my mod i put down 185 and thats with the pi intake and o/r exaust so yep. lol.

voidfinger

Reaction score
true, just one thing i don't like since the mods... the car lost a but load of tq off the line. It feels like its strugglen to hit 55 mph.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
i agree with the OP with the exception of gears.. 2Vs are bottom end monsters, no matter if it is a non-PI or PI. if you put in 4.10s or 4.30s you are going to take yourself out of where you are making your best power too quickly. now with a 4V, you want a higher gear because those cars make the power up top. at most, 4.10s would be the highest gear i would put in a 2V.

voidfinger

Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
I swear my car pulled harder with the stock gears vs the 3.73s. O well.

Wow thats weird man, maybe you have a factory freak car. :) that would be bad ass. Anyway, it probably just stayed in the pulling gear longer... and it felt like a bigger rush b/c it was in the powerband longer. :santa_afro:

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
i loved my 4.10s at first, but just like any other mod you get used to it in a month