IAT sensor relocation for the Vortech?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if I am not mistaken its just a thermistor which is just a fancy word for a thermal-resistor which is just a resistor that changes resistance according to temperature. If that is the case the resistance should be the same with no polarity so it would not matter which way it was wired.

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
^ bingo.
If I remember right, you have constant 5v going to it, and depending on the air temp varies the resistance, which varies the output voltage directly to the pcm..

busta

Reaction score
Well in that case crisis averted. It runs great. I just need to get it on the dyno to check AFR's at this point.

BLWNBYU

Reaction score
Talked to Decipha and I'm just going to wire my ait in to my slot meter. Saves me an extra bung to weld and less wires in the bay :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

busta

Reaction score
So rather than open a new thread since we're already on the discussion, I installed a Vortech V-2 S-Trim on my '94 Cobra and am currently in the process of obtaining the parts to upgrade the fuel system. Stock longblock, AMS Powerpipe not yet installed. I'm intrigued by the idea of a slot style MAF, the PMAS HPX-E in particular. What MAF housing from PMAS would you recommend? I was looking at this one in particular http://www.pmas-maf.com/product/h30/ along with the wiring harness adapter. 80lb injectors along with a TRE Performance 340lph in-tank pump as Decipha recommended in another thread and I was going to have Bob Kurgan do a mail order tune for me.

Thoughts?

BLWNBYU

Reaction score
So rather than open a new thread since we're already on the discussion, I installed a Vortech V-2 S-Trim on my '94 Cobra and am currently in the process of obtaining the parts to upgrade the fuel system. Stock longblock, AMS Powerpipe not yet installed. I'm intrigued by the idea of a slot style MAF, the PMAS HPX-E in particular. What MAF housing from PMAS would you recommend? I was looking at this one in particular http://www.pmas-maf.com/product/h30/ along with the wiring harness adapter. 80lb injectors along with a TRE Performance 340lph in-tank pump as Decipha recommended in another thread and I was going to have Bob Kurgan do a mail order tune for me.

Thoughts?
On my 95 which is running draw through and a4 inch power Pipe, it was way easier just to use their 95 millimeter 3000 kg an hour meter instead of the slot meter. My second car is blow through which is running 3 inch tubing so the HPX was the obvious choice on that one

BLWNBYU

Reaction score
Ultimately, I would discuss it with the tuner but I would have to say for tune it any day over Kurgan call me especially since they would both be mail order

busta

Reaction score
Ultimately, I would discuss it with the tuner but I would have to say for tune it any day over Kurgan call me especially since they would both be mail order

I may be misunderstanding your post - do you tune?

BLWNBYU

Reaction score
For Decipha to tune it

OP
OP
gnx547

gnx547

Reaction score
I was wondering if I washed out the piston rings by not having the IAT plugged in while the car was running? Back then, I had the car running at idle for about 30 mins for a few days but the car wasn't driven. I did drain the oil out and there was gas in the oil and the plugs were a little wet with gas. Are the pistons rings washed out from this happening?

BLWNBYU

Reaction score
I was wondering if I washed out the piston rings by not having the IAT plugged in while the car was running? Back then, I had the car running at idle for about 30 mins for a few days but the car wasn't driven. I did drain the oil out and there was gas in the oil and the plugs were a little wet with gas. Are the pistons rings washed out from this happening?
Unlikely. It will take alot of gas to do that.

BLWNBYU

Reaction score
Also.. update for this thread... I wired in my iat to the two wires on my hpx. Didn't care what went where. Reads identical to room temp so it works perfectly as is with no tune adjustment or transfer function

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5pointSL0

Members online

No members online now.