In for a penny, in for a pound - '98 Cobra Build Thread

J_Sty_

Reaction score
Oh for sure. The pearl on your car really sets it off. It's as clean as they come! You through export tails on it and people's minds will just melt lol

Thanks man, can't wait to see yours all back together that things gonna melt some minds too[emoji108]

Sent from your moms house

OP
OP
Lanter

Lanter

Reaction score
Ended up taking a little longer than it should've due to waiting on a fitting to get here but I finished up my AN line conversion for my IAC. The conversion consists of

1) welded -10 AN bung on charge pipe
2) 1/2 NPT to -10 AN fitting for intake manifold (this required cutting off the metal nipple and drilling out the remaining steel that's left in the intake then taping the hole for the fitting)
3) one 45 deg -10 AN hose end
4) one 180 deg -10 hose end
5) black nylon braided -10 race hose.

The results:

OP
OP
Lanter

Lanter

Reaction score
Finally some thread worthy updates. I purchased a flywheel a while back from a 03 cobra that needed resurfaced. I ended up just sending it to McLeod to have them replace the friction ring instead of resurfacing it so I go that back and all I need is to pick up a RXT/RST. I haven't decided which but am leaning towards the RXT. I also picked up a SLP loudmouth 1 catback from SVTp's classifieds. Exhaust was in great shape but in just raw stainless so I spent way too much time sanding the pipes down and polishing them. Here's the exhaust right out of the box.

Process started by sanding with 80 grit and my orbital sander.

Then 220 and 320 grit

Then stepping up to 400, 600, 800.

Final sanding started with 1000 then moved to 1500 and then 2000 grit.

Then I polished all the pipes and hung them on the car. They still need adjusted but that'll have to wait for the transmission and clutch to arrive and be installed. Here is the untouched pipe on the left with the polished on the right.

They aren't perfect but look way better then they did.

All that's left on the car are clutch and transmission. Then hook the rest of the exhaust up including welding on a 3" v band to get rid of the band clamp where the downpipe meets the rest of the exhaust. Then off to have the car tuned once the clutch is broken in and any leaks are fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Totally! Nice bling

how long were your fingers black after you finished up :)

OP
OP
Lanter

Lanter

Reaction score
Totally! Nice bling

how long were your fingers black after you finished up :)

Thanks! Oh man it took like 2 days to get my hands looking clean again lol.

Exhaust looks brand new. Sweet!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Thanks. I'm really happy with how it turned out. Now to just finish the damn thing lol.

OP
OP
Lanter

Lanter

Reaction score
Got the RXT installed over the weekend.

I have the magnum sitting in the garage waiting. Just need to install the clutch fork and release bearing as well as modify my trans mount since the subframe connectors are preventing me from relocating the mount rearward where it needs to go. Also have to wait on the driveshaft to get here since I am running an 03 IRS it needs a larger pinion flange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Lanter

Lanter

Reaction score
Magnum is in but I am still waiting on the driveshaft to get here. Suppose to be mid week so if that all holds true I may get to do some break in miles this weekend.

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Nice! Your going to love the new transmission and clutch. Mine was really grabby the first few miles. - Great job cleaning up the exhaust

OP
OP
Lanter

Lanter

Reaction score
Nice! Your going to love the new transmission and clutch. Mine was really grabby the first few miles. - Great job cleaning up the exhaust

Thanks man! Yea I have heard nothing but good things about the magnum/rxt combo. I'm really looking forward to finally being back in the car after all these years lol. Although it's a completely different car than when I tore it apart so may take some time getting use to everything. Out of curiosity how many miles did you break yours in?

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Thanks man! Yea I have heard nothing but good things about the magnum/rxt combo. I'm really looking forward to finally being back in the car after all these years lol. Although it's a completely different car than when I tore it apart so may take some time getting use to everything.

Anytime man and i bet, Excited for you!

Out of curiosity how many miles did you break yours in?

It took 500 miles for everything to feel 100% broken-in and just to be safe i didnt get on it strong until 1000 miles but technically was not necessary.

1bad95

Reaction score
Looks great man! Gonna look killer under there!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
Exhaust looks killer. That car is going to be so much fun.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online

No members online now.