Interior fuse that's hot while cranking and running

HISSIN50

Reaction score
Hello,

Vehicle: 2004 V6 Vert.

The search function is not cooperating with me today. I need to find a wire in the interior that's hot during cranking and while running. I was hoping there are a few fuses that offer such power (instead of accessing it at the ignition harness).

Any assistance is much appreciated. Thank you. :)

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Fuel pump, ECM are what I would look for. Mine is a 94 as is all my wiring info but I test every wire I connect to so I would just grab a meter and start checking myself.

OP
OP
H

HISSIN50

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply!

I figured I could poke and hunt when I have access to the car (it's not mine), but was hoping to get a heads up in advance. In looking at the fusebox diagram, I have some ideas but I won't know till I put a light on the given circuits.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if your in that area it would probably be easier and cleaner to hit the ignition wires in the drivers side kick panel.

OP
OP
H

HISSIN50

Reaction score
That sounds good to me. Where in the kick is the start/run wire? Color?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
see if you can find a tan/white or black/green but again make sure to test them. They should be a larger gauge wire ran all in one harness.

BLWNBYU

Reaction score
Fuel pump, ECM are what I would look for. Mine is a 94 as is all my wiring info but I test every wire I connect to so I would just grab a meter and start checking myself.

You do not want to pull power from an ecm fuse. I saw a nice brand new firebird get lemon law'd back in the day because of such..

Best route is to simply go off one of the true ignition wires. Fused. Preferrably relay'd if you're drawing more than an amp or two.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
You do not want to pull power from an ecm fuse. I saw a nice brand new firebird get lemon law'd back in the day because of such..

Best route is to simply go off one of the true ignition wires. Fused. Preferrably relay'd if you're drawing more than an amp or two.

ECM is a true ignition wire and if its hooked up and fused correctly I am not sure how the lemon law could apply. I thought that was if you brought the car back 3-4 times for a manf problem not something caused by a shadetree installer.

BLWNBYU

Reaction score
ECM is a true ignition wire and if its hooked up and fused correctly I am not sure how the lemon law could apply. I thought that was if you brought the car back 3-4 times for a manf problem not something caused by a shadetree installer.
The car had a miss and a stumble that GM could never figure out so they had to lemon it. My shop teacher found the issue in about an hour lol..

Any how, yes, it's true Ignition, but not a good choice to pull power from. Going straight to the ignition harness is alot safer

BLWNBYU

Reaction score
where do you think the ECM gets power from?

From a relay that draws power directly from the battery and is triggered by an ignition wire.

For someone that knows a bit about electronics, you should know better than to tie anything in to the ecu power circuit.

There ARE other fuses that don't die while cranking.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.