Is GT computer ok with Cobra setup?

BOB ROME

Reaction score
[size=10pt]I have a '94 GT 5spd. I am installing all the Cobra upper end (intake, TB, MAF, injectors, and 1.7 roller rockers) allready have O/R "H" pipe, under drives, no air pump, Cold Air Intake, and 3.73 gear. Can I use the GT computer or do I need a Cobra computer? or a custom one?[/size]
Thanks for the help!
Bob Rome

Suspect

Reaction score
i dont see why u would have to. thats just like bolting on aftermarket parts. u should be fine. prolly wont need a tune til u do alot more mods.

ryclef331

Reaction score
IF you can get it, you're going to need the cobra ecu to run those injectors. Cobra and GT mafs are the EXACT SAME. The difference in calibration for the 24lb cobra injectors is in the ECU itself NOT the maf's. If you swap ALL that stuff including the cobra's injectors, and NOT the ECU you're going to run pig rich b/c the computer will still think its on 19lbers. I would just get an aftermarket maf for a GT that is calibrated for 24lb injectors...unless you can get the ECU for dirt...go ahead and try it! Everything else though will work out just fine!

Steve-Oh

Legend
Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
IF you can get it, you're going to need the cobra ecu to run those injectors. Cobra and GT mafs are the EXACT SAME. The difference in calibration for the 24lb cobra injectors is in the ECU itself NOT the maf's. If you swap ALL that stuff including the cobra's injectors, and NOT the ECU you're going to run pig rich b/c the computer will still think its on 19lbers. I would just get an aftermarket maf for a GT that is calibrated for 24lb injectors...unless you can get the ECU for dirt...go ahead and try it! Everything else though will work out just fine!

Listen to God! ^^^

Suspect

Reaction score
i thought the maf was made for the 24s on cobras. i didnt know the changes were made in the computer. id just pick up a maf then.

ryclef331

Reaction score
Suspect said:
i thought the maf was made for the 24s on cobras. i didnt know the changes were made in the computer. id just pick up a maf then.

When you order your maf...they'll ask you to specify if its a GT or a Cobra just for that reason.

Trickflow.GT

Reaction score
you think a cobra ECU would respond better to changes ie. HCI than a gt computer? i could imagine it would understand the fuel needs a lot better than "tricking" the GT comuter with a calibrated MAF...but how would it respond to teh cam or other parts any differently than a gt computer?

ryclef331

Reaction score
Trickflow.GT said:
you think a cobra ECU would respond better to changes ie. HCI than a gt computer? i could imagine it would understand the fuel needs a lot better than "tricking" the GT comuter with a calibrated MAF...but how would it respond to teh cam or other parts any differently than a gt computer?

You are correct that a Cobra computer will run 24lb injectors BETTER than a GT with a cal'd maf. As for its sensitivity to mods, I can't comment accurately on from what I've read it handles mods slightly better than a GT ecu setup but nothing spectacular.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online

No members online now.