its a long shot but if anyone ever knows where to find one of these please hit me up

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
The California Designs Concepts ultimate aero cover. Its just a fancy gas tank cover.
1eb8_12.jpg

and I know it looks funky to most people and not many would get it or even could get it with standard exhaust but I am not asking for opinions. Its great for helping to blend the lower side skirts on the side exhaust kits on the back end.
$_72.JPG

I only ever saw two on cars myself and they do not turn up all that often now because of it. I am good with needing to make repairs on it if needed as long as it isn't too torn up to be repaired. If I can't find one then I have been thinking of how I would go about making it but would really rather just do some minor repairs/paint and install.

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Very different. Cant say i have seen this, would look really cool on your setup.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it always looks weird from the back and I think on bright colors as well it seems extra big(not to mention the mud flaps on the yellow one are really strange). Not so much on dark cars imo. But with out it the side profile of the car looks like it hangs down a lot lower.
94-98lightbar-1.jpg

and with it
$_72.JPG

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Yes, i absolutely see what your talking about. Im liking this idea alot, those two pics above show what you are talking about perfectly. Would look sick on your setup. Maybe someone has the ability to fab some up? Ill keep my eye out for ya.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yes, i absolutely see what your talking about. Im liking this idea alot, those two pics above show what you are talking about perfectly. Would look sick on your setup. Maybe someone has the ability to fab some up? Ill keep my eye out for ya.

If I don't ever find one, its on my list of projects to make one myself. I have been thinking about it for a while now and it would not be too hard to build an aluminum C-shaped frame to go on the very bottom part of the bumper and then stretching some fleece over/around it to then fiberglass it to get the general shape. The other fun part of DIY on this is I will probably integrate a diffuser into it by adding some small fins while building the shape I want.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I like the idea of making one from scratch and redesigning it to incorporate a diffuser.

the more I thought about it the more it appealed to me. Spent a good bit of time this morning looking at different pics/angles. By the time I get the thing shaped adding a few fins to it should be no big deal.... I also can't help but think that it could work against me and catch air like a parachute so I am considering adding a aluminum grill slot area to let air out if it does get behind it. Might look cool as well... Damn I just need to get the car finished and then this could be a good winter project.

RedTwilight

Reaction score
Would be cool to see you do it but first I'm still waiting to see the paint finished!:headbang:

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you and me both. Was out this morn sanding down the bad section of primer on the hood/fenders. Glad I stopped there or I would have been REALLY far behind. Its been killing me that work was slowed down this week by an unexpected visit from family and no matter how many times I told him I had extra sanding blocks and paper, he didn't want to block sand. Some people just don't know a good time....

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
its .... different ..... Porbably will act like a parachute. That would be my concern

That was my concern also and why I am considering adding a slot across it with some grill material to match what I am replacing all the vents with. I am pretty sure if I stretch the fleece over the frame the way I plan on doing and glass it on the car it should allow for a tight fit up against the car/tank. This is really more form then function for sure though I am not expecting any performance gains or losses from it.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
funny enough I was under my brothers mazda 3 yesterday changing his oil and notices his car has one. I thought about it for the mustang but I know the cooling system needs the flow from the bottom to work properly so it would probably cause more problems then it would solve.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Well you can add louvers the pull air out of the engine bay (that was my plan)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
As I said in the title it was a longshot. I was actually thinking about how I would go about making it when I thought I would put it up here just in case someone knew of or saw one once lol. The more I think about integrating the diffuser and adding a small slot for the air to go through with mesh I am going to use in all the other vents and I am fine with it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online