JDFs build thread

Milehigh JDF

Reaction score
Well I don't know that this is necessarily a build thread because my car is *mostly* done... which is probably a lie, these things are never truly finished until it gets sold.

Anyways, this is my 2000 GT, mods are as follows:
-'03 Cobra IRS swap
-Billetflow IRS brace
-MM low profile IRS bolts
-Ford Racing 4.10s
-Cut stock springs by the guy I traded with, I have no clue how many coils but it's roughly 2.5" Front and 2" rear
-Tokico D-Specs on front and Cobra Bilsteins in rear
-MM FLSFCs
-Cobra front and rear brakes
-Trick Flow intake plenum with stock throttle body
-K&N CAI
-24lb injectors
-Bama tune
-Bassani O/R X
-Magnaflow SS cat back with 4" Bassani tips
-Steeda Tri-Ax
-17X9 and 17X10.5 Silver FR500s
-Mach 1 grill delete and chin spoiler
And probably other stuff that I'm forgetting, but that's all I can remember for now.

The car is my DD and it sees 1-2 open track days a year and 5-6 test and tune nights at the drag strip. I don't have lap times for it mostly because I just race it for fun and don't want to break anything major. It's seen 15.04 @ 92mph and consistently runs 15.3s. My goal is to hit 14s with it, the car is capable but I need a serious driver mod. The car weighs in at 3540 with me in it and 3390 without.

I've been kicking around the idea of installing long tubes with an O/R H but haven't really decided on that yet. This year I plan on getting the my fenders rolled and getting my suspension geometry back in check (C/C plates, bumpsteer kit, etc.) I've been half-assing my suspension and really need to get it corrected. Other than that I'm basically stuck at a crossroads with what i want to do with the car.

Comments and criticisms are welcome along with any advice for an amateur driver.

If you made it this far congrats, here's some crappy cell phone pictures as a reward!
se5aquda.jpg
a6u4upym.jpg
aqytysup.jpg
5y2abase.jpg
ata8ysug.jpg
jageru7y.jpg
gy2e8u3u.jpg
ure9ehe4.jpg
9yqagasy.jpg
e9evu5a8.jpg

Sorry for any size issues with the pictures. The Bullitt are my winter wheels now.

OP
OP
Milehigh JDF

Milehigh JDF

Reaction score
Thanks! If the Bullitts had a different back spacing them I probably would never have bought the FR500s, but they're just stock size and look really sunk in. Unfortunately the Bronco isn't mine, its my neighbors son's car.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Nice ride and tasteful mods ... I will agree you need a driver mod you should be able to dip in the 13's with mods listed , I'm guessing you don't powershift ? It all takes time man . Even ur mph is shockingly low by a good 7mph

OP
OP
Milehigh JDF

Milehigh JDF

Reaction score
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I'm in Colorado, it takes some doing to break into the 14s with a new edge . at least from what I've seen. I know I leave a lot on the table, my best 60' is in the 2.3 range. I like to think I shift fast but it's definitely not power shifting.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea just by getting it down to a 2.0 will net you a 14.7 picking up 3 tenths in the 60ft will usually get you another 2-3 tenths on the big end .. Where I live my tracks fast as hell right at sea level ... My old npi 96 gt with 3.73's a short throw and a cold air would go 13.80's on et streets at 97mph . It sucks your so high above sea level

OP
OP
Milehigh JDF

Milehigh JDF

Reaction score
Yea just by getting it down to a 2.0 will net you a 14.7 picking up 3 tenths in the 60ft will usually get you another 2-3 tenths on the big end .. Where I live my tracks fast as hell right at sea level ... My old npi 96 gt with 3.73's a short throw and a cold air would go 13.80's on et streets at 97mph . It sucks your so high above sea level
Yeah altitude sucks. Most FI 96-04 GTs will rip off a high 13-low 14 pass depending on the driver, but I just do test and tune nights so I'm sure a lot of the cars I watch are amateur drivers like me.
Nice ride!

Thanks!

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea the air is what's killing you there , you're prolly not as bad of a driver as you think ... Yea blown cars dipping high 13's that's crazy you guys are getting screwed by that altitude ... My car would prolly run a second slower there then my track or more

OP
OP
Milehigh JDF

Milehigh JDF

Reaction score
Yea the air is what's killing you there , you're prolly not as bad of a driver as you think ... Yea blown cars dipping high 13's that's crazy you guys are getting screwed by that altitude ... My car would prolly run a second slower there then my track or more

Yeah it's pretty ridiculous. If I remember right my dyno, when it was basically stock, was somewhere around 178whp 204wtq uncorrected.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea that's pretty low should be around 225 atleast

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Thanks! Clean and simple is what I was going for. I still have aspirations for different bumpers and a different hood but I don't know if I'll ever do that.

Nice yea yea that's more like it ... As for bumpers and hoods what's in mind ?

OP
OP
Milehigh JDF

Milehigh JDF

Reaction score
Nice yea yea that's more like it ... As for bumpers and hoods what's in mind ?

I was thinking either a Mach 1 hood or 2000 Cobra R hood with a 99-01 Cobra front bumper or possibly a Roush Stage 3 front bumper.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I like all those choices because none were terminator ;)

OP
OP
Milehigh JDF

Milehigh JDF

Reaction score
Haha terminator body parts look great on a Terminator, however a 2V GT doesn't have what it takes to pull them off

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online