Kenne Bell made 12psi with a 9psi pulley Last Night.....

OP
OP
S

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
yeah, shortblock swap takes 2 days if you take your time. I did it in 2 days.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Lol. Its a bigger pita when you have an auto and.long tubes, trust me. That's what I may end up doing though.

OP
OP
S

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
No its not because the motor and trans gets pulled together so its juts as easy.... and the headers get pulled and installed with the motor too.

I pulled a motor from a Auto car to get my PI motor so i know....

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Hmm idk if that would work in my garage haha. I'd most likely just pull the motor and leave the tyranny there

OP
OP
S

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hmm idk if that would work in my garage haha. I'd most likely just pull the motor and leave the tyranny there

I did it in my garage. I pulled the motor and trans together, and installed the same way. My garage was not tall enough for the cherry picker, so i parked the car with the front facing the garage door..... when i needed to pull the motor in I pushed the car halfway outside so the cherry picker had room, then when the motor was in the car i pushed it back inside the garage. Work perfect for me.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Just because I don't care to read 7 pages of whatever, it's amazing what a little extra boost can do. My SRT4 is a completely different beast from 12psi to 15psi to 18psi with my aftermarket wastegate. I <3 boost.

OP
OP
S

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Notice my car is inside the garage with the motor out....

IMG_3946Small.jpg

Swapping stuff

IMG_3957Small.jpg

Take notice as I drop the new motor In the car, the I pushed the car halfway outside for the install. Simple and quick.

IMG_3967Small.jpg

OP
OP
S

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Just because I don't care to read 7 pages of whatever, it's amazing what a little extra boost can do. My SRT4 is a completely different beast from 12psi to 15psi to 18psi with my aftermarket wastegate. I <3 boost.

Can you feel a difference when driving from 12 PSI to 15 PSI?

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Can you feel a difference when driving from 12 PSI to 15 PSI?

Yeah for sure. I imagine it'll be different between my car and yours since mine is a turbo over your supercharger but any increase/decrease in boost is pretty noticeable. Shoulda seen my face when the vacuum line running to the wastegate popped off and I got like 25-30psi for a split second.

OP
OP
S

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Shoulda seen my face when the vacuum line running to the wastegate popped off and I got like 25-30psi for a split second.

Ohh Fuxk!!! Thats gotta be scary. glad it didnt break anything.

Thats one think about the blower I enjoy is that no overboost like that can happen.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ohh Fuxk!!! Thats gotta be scary. glad it didnt break anything.

Thats one think about the blower I enjoy is that no overboost like that can happen.

It was just because the boost came up so fast, it was crazy. But I was right next to an Oreillys and whipped it in and fixed all that. I also blew a vacuum line off my brake booster as I was turning into the dorm parking lots. That's scary too haha. But after that, I spent a weekend with my boost leak tester and a bag of zipties tightening everything down.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Lol, we fixed a supra one time by shoving a bolt into a vacuum hose and clamping it. It was something that normally just got a cap, but the cap blew off haha

BLCKSTNG96

Reaction score
So from this thread I gather I am the shit as well as god bc I have a KB 2.2 and saw 22psi the other night lol

Just fuckin around lol

OP
OP
S

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I wish i had a 2.2 :-( The whine would make me so horny. The 2.1 does not whine even close to the level of the 2.2. The old kenne bells just SCREAM.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Just curious, why in the hell would you go through that type of work to put a STOCK PI motor in your car, a blower, and to be at 400hp??? Now you are capped...just doesnt make sense to me

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Just curious, why in the hell would you go through that type of work to put a STOCK PI motor in your car, a blower, and to be at 400hp??? Now you are capped...just doesnt make sense to me

Probably because he got that PI motor for nothing...

but yea, I hear ya 100%

Eventually its gonna go. lol

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hey don't hate on staying with the parents now. I do too. Don't make enough to buy a house =/