Launchin Me into the 12's

CanaryGT

Reaction score
I was just wondering which mods will send my times into the 12's? I want to stay N/A..... Currently I have:

BBK Cold Air Intake
BBK Longtube Headers
American Thunder Exhast
MSD System ( 6A, Blaster Coil, Wires ect)
Underdrive Pullies
Pro 5.0 Powertower (Shifter)
Centerforce Clutch
4.10 Rear Gears
Eibach Springs
Nitto 555's (285)

I was thinking new TB, MAF, and a good H/C/I... But will I see those 12's that I want.... Thanks in Advance!

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
You think that is all it will take? Because all I hear around here is how a SC or some bigger engine is the must factor.... examples being stroker kit or doing what I hope to do later down the road (puttin in a stroked out 351)

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Id say with the right HCI setup, good tune, afpr, throttle body and MAF (bigger injectors as well and possibly pump) it will be possible also LCAs might help out launching.

SaleenStang94

Reaction score
12s are def possible with the right setup. i kno of a few stangs with stock displacement and hitting low 12s. h/c/i with the heads and intake ported as well as a strong cam will get u there. def gonna need a large tb and its not all power its gettin it to the ground, dont forget suspension and bringing more strength to the body.

bahndrvr

Reaction score
Honestly,

You might just need heads and intake for 12.99, cam will get you deeper in the 12's though. My goal is as follows: BBK SSI intake, E303 cam, and roller rocker's and then take that as deep as I can.

I hit 14.8 on an airport runway here in Germany which is slick, best 60ft time was 2.25 due to a broke traclock and street tires. Times next time should be better, hit the dyno for a baseline run and hit 188 first pass, second pass they added fuel pressue due to me being 16.1 lean and I hit 232 at the wheels so now that my fuel pressure is dialed in I expect to hit very low 14's which are a corrected mid 13. So with some slicks, Intake, cam, and rockers I might get low 13's. Once I max that out I'm rolling in with some AFR's so 12's should be no problem and might go with a custom grind cam at that point too.

I'm the type taht likes to max out each mod, sure you could throw H/C/I at it all at once, but what made you the most difference along the way? What is your weak point if/when you change your setup? That's why I take it one step at a time. :ass3:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
the ability to get into the 12's with mild power is all about traction and GREAT DRIVING

Stangbangin

Reaction score
If you were able to add some aluminum heads and move some weight and tune a drag race friendly suspension. You could be pushing 12's............or just buy some of the laughing gas and do it easily

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online